1.    #1  
    I'd really like to be able to have a different alert tone depending on the content or sender of an sms on my treo 600.

For example, incoming messages from my message service come from "AAH SMS" (or begin with the text "alldayPA"), email alerts come from "email alert" (and begin with the word "email alert"), and it would be great to have a different tone depending on where the sms came from.

It seems like TREOHELPER would be ideal, if it worked on the treo 600, which, unless I am mistaken, is not the case.

Does anyone know of an application that would do this - I'd be happy to purchase such an app.

Thanks
    Anthony
    I'm using TreoHelper on the 600. It seems to work okay. It isn't 100% compatible (no 5-way support, drop-downs for tone list doesn't work), but it triggers just fine and calls up SnapperMail for me. That's all I wanted it for.

I don't think it will do what you are asking though. I don't see any way to select a tone under each of the Trigger profiles. (The list is blank on the dropdown).
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget
    I'm using TreoHelper on the 600. It seems to work okay. It isn't 100% compatible (no 5-way support, drop-downs for tone list doesn't work), but it triggers just fine and calls up SnapperMail for me. That's all I wanted it for.

I don't think it will do what you are asking though. I don't see any way to select a tone under each of the Trigger profiles. (The list is blank on the dropdown).
    Thanks.

I don't suppose it'll automatically activate the built-in email application. Is Snappermail better? I actually use two different email boxes, maybe, based on the incoming sms, I could activate snappermail for one of them. Does snappermail make a custom sound when it gets a mail?

When you enter the text for matching the sms, what exactly is matched, the "from" field or the sms itself, or both?

Anthony
    With SnapperMail (and the Handspring Mail app) you can select a tone for incoming e-mails.

I keyed my trigger in TreoHelper on a sentence in the body of the SMS. What I do is have my ISP send a copy of my mail to my SprintPCS mailbox. My SprintPCS mailbox has a feature for "notifying" my phone via SMS that I have new mail. So Sprint sends me an SMS message saying "You have new mail". I trigger on that phrase. TreoHelper then calls up SnapperMail and SnapperMail automatically does a fetch of my mail.

I have set SnapperMail to retrieve mail for two accounts. It doesn't currently support IMAP, but I don't use IMAP anyway so I don't miss that.

My setup works beautifully. I don't miss any mail and I don't have to have SnapperMail poll for new messages. It only fetches when there is actually new mail to download. It then sounds an "Swoosh" sound (my favorite tone for e-mail) and tells me how many new messages I have. Usualy it's just one unless I get a bunch at once.