1.    #1  
    More than once I've found myself plugging my Treo into a set of speakers, a casette adapter, or even a pair of wireless headhpones and found that it turns the treo's external speaker on. I assume there's something non-standard about the way the Treo detects an external speaker/headphone, and that that's somehow causing it to think there's nothing there.

So my question is this: Does anyone know of any way to force the Treo to output through the headset? Either a software-based or hardware-based solution... any ideas?
  3.    #3  
    Ah - thanks much!
    I can't get to this thread, can someone help me with this same problem?

Thanks,

James
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Thanks!

James
    Quote Originally Posted by Eteq
    More than once I've found myself plugging my Treo into a set of speakers, a casette adapter, or even a pair of wireless headhpones and found that it turns the treo's external speaker on. I assume there's something non-standard about the way the Treo detects an external speaker/headphone, and that that's somehow causing it to think there's nothing there.

So my question is this: Does anyone know of any way to force the Treo to output through the headset? Either a software-based or hardware-based solution... any ideas?
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca