1.    #1  
    Has anyone successfully loaded an iNotes page on their Treo 600 browser? I have been able to get to the page, but only see the email folder icons on the left. The actual email headings in the frame on the right don't show up. I've tried "wide" view and tapping the right side and using the magnifying glass per the manual, but to no avail.

Just trying to find a way to get to my Notes email from my Treo.... Any of the other unfortunate 85 million Notes users out there have any better luck?
    iNotes won't work as of yet. You need to install Everyplace Server on the Domino server. It's basically a WAP proxy that allows you to use any WAP 1.2 or better browser to access email, calendar etc. It's an ugly interface, but the price is really cheap. Of course, if you don't administer the Notes server, that could be a problem. Also, I believe that they changed the name to something like WebSphere Everyplace Access Server or something like that.
  3.    #3  
    thanks Torgo,

unfortunately, I am at the mercy of our IT Dept. who are loathe to make our Domino Server IMAP compatible. I don't want to use sprint's BC because I usually have my laptop with me so there's nothing to connect to.
    iNotes is pretty beefy, so even if it did come up in Blazer, it would run like ****. It is completely self-contained, and runs off of a Java VM from the server. That's why the Everyplace server is pretty-much the only option. Like I said, it's an ugly and very thin client, but it even worked on my Motorola T720 browser, and definitely works on my Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Our IT dept isn't too keen on this idea either.

Blackberry or nothing for us...

COme on blackberry on Palm...
    Rob
  6.    #6  
    at least you get blackberry.

too bad you don't get "good technology" that service on the treo will be sweeeeeeeet.

unfortunately for me, we don't get either.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    After doing a search on these boards a few months ago, I found Web Pro 3 and it works okay for me using iNotes.

Of course my company uses Blackberry's so they work just fine on our servers but, I'm the only one so far that has a Treo 600. iNotes won't scream fast on your Treo 600 using Palm Web Pro v3.0 but, it will work.

Good luck.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  8.    #8  
    thanks 7-0 for the suggestion,

I purchased web pro v3.0 today. I downloaded and installed it since it seemed to have alot of good features for a browser anyways.

It wouldn't even go to the iNotes link until I turned off the proxy.

when I finally logged into my iNotes, Its only showing me the left frame which includes all the iNotes folders (just like Blazer).

when I tried different views including normal view and full screen, it did show me the frames including the right one where all the email links should be but it was blank.

I'm sure i'm missing some configuration or setting.

any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    This is quite curious. I'm actually using the webpro.palm.com:8827 proxy. I'm using it to get to my corporate webmail site which uses iNotes. I can login and then be taken to a page that then shows me my various folders (including an Inbox, Sent Box and Trash)...I click on Inbox and I can see new E-mail.

Let me know if that proxy works as that's what I'm using.

Cheers.
  10.    #10  
    Nope, when I try to use the Palm Proxy, I get back an error message that says to contact my administrator as HTTP 403 is blocked or something.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    What happens if you don't use a Proxy?
  12.    #12  
    if i don't use the proxy, i get better results initially - I can log in and actually get to all my iNotes folders, but I don't actually see any emails in the right frame. its totally blank. when I click on my inbox folder, nothing happens.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by kjue
    if i don't use the proxy, i get better results initially - I can log in and actually get to all my iNotes folders, but I don't actually see any emails in the right frame. its totally blank. when I click on my inbox folder, nothing happens.
    Okay, now I understand. You can see your "inbox" but clicking it shows nothing. That's not good. Here are my settings:

Handheld View.
    Display Options: Graphics: No Images
    Preferences: Advanced:
    Use Proxy Server (this box is checked): webpro.palm.com:8827
    Accept Cookies (this box is checked)

I've also tried using it with the no proxy server and all i get is a sample welcome page.

I'm on Sprint PCS by the way.

Good luck.
  14.    #14  
    thanks again 7-0

no luck. I can't get anywhere when using Sprint's proxy. I think it might be blocked from our corporate servers.

oh, well. valiant effort. I really appreciate all your help.

If anyone else out there has any ideas on how to get iNotes on the Treo 600, let us know.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Hey there kjue.

Check your private E-mail as I sent you a link where I think you can download a version of Web Pro 3 which should work.

Cheers!
  16.    #16  
    thanks again for the huge effort 7-0,

I installed your version of web pro but same thing happened.

when i tried using the palm proxy, I get "contact your system administrator. HTTP 403 Forbidden"

when I don't use the proxy, I get all the way to my iNotes, but only see the inbox folders, etc., but no email links!

I Hate Notes (and I used to work for Ray Ozzie - but that's not why i hate Notes)
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by kjue
    thanks again for the huge effort 7-0,

I installed your version of web pro but same thing happened.

when i tried using the palm proxy, I get "contact your system administrator. HTTP 403 Forbidden"

when I don't use the proxy, I get all the way to my iNotes, but only see the inbox folders, etc., but no email links!

I Hate Notes (and I used to work for Ray Ozzie - but that's not why i hate Notes)
    I'm not a fan of Notes too much either but, I wish it worked for you. I think the 403 is indeed your problem and you may be restricted...though, I'm no expert.

Good luck.