Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Anyone figure out a way to turn down the volume of the navigational directions? Love the software, but it's really, really loud...
    I know it's kinda unrelated, but I bought Tetris and the beeps are LOUD as hell! The volume controls are totally ineffective on it. I just have to turn off game sounds when playing.

Why can't the damn phone ring that loud????
    Gregg G. - New Orleans, LA
    Treo 700p on Sprint
    Originally posted by msgott
    Anyone figure out a way to turn down the volume of the navigational directions? Love the software, but it's really, really loud...

To adjust the volume of the Mapopolis voice prompts, my remedy was to pipe the voice audio to my iRock FM transmiter, which transmits the voice prompts through my car stereo system, thus allowing me volume control. I simply plug in the iRock into my Treo's headset jack.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I thought about doing that, but I like listening to music too... Wouldn't this make the voice prompts somewhat less useful if you're either jumping back and forth between stations to be able to listen to music and alternately the Treo?
    No doubt, this option creates a problem if you want to listen to music.

I guess it's one or the other, or switch between voice prompts & music until the s/w maker either provides a fix, or someone writes an app.
    Last edited by aolumide; 01/17/2004 at 08:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    I just tried playing streaming audio with Ptunes and then loading driving directions in Mapopolis and clicking the direction to trigger the voice prompt and it worked! I.e., Ptunes continues to play and Simone04 (my current voice of choice) told me "right turn." This is a potential option.

Next question, it appears that if you answer a phone call, you lose the driving directions and have to reinput your info to get the driving directions. Any thoughts on this one?

BTW, Aol... I'm in Mont. Co., MD.
    Originally posted by msgott
    I just tried playing streaming audio with Ptunes and then loading driving directions in Mapopolis and clicking the direction to trigger the voice prompt and it worked! I.e., Ptunes continues to play and Simone04 (my current voice of choice) told me "right turn." This is a potential option.

Next question, it appears that if you answer a phone call, you lose the driving directions and have to reinput your info to get the driving directions. Any thoughts on this one?

Hey, neighbor!

Glad to hear that ptunes and mapopolis can work together. I don't have pTunes on my T6, but I might get it now that it seems that it's a viable option. Please let me know how your experience with mapopolis & pTunes goes.

Incidentally, you mentioned above that your voice of choice was Simone04? How does one change the voice used for the navigator prompts? I'd LOVE to be able to change the default voice.

Unfortunately, i'm in the same boat as you regarding answering a call while navigating. Haven't figured out a way to do that yet.

rgds,

aolumide
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Hi!

go to http://kudzumonthly.com/mapopolis/ for new voices

Did you know that PTunes is available for free with your registration of your T600?
    msgott,

Thanks for the voice files link. I'll check it out ASAP. When I registered my T6 a while back, I took the other s/w option. It turned out to be a game that I didn't care for. Poor choice, and I can't take it back.

No matter, i'll buy ptunes. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I believe I read somewhere on this board that you can re-register your T600

Give it a try.
    Hi folks, also a Mapopolis user - just got my gps a few days ago. That voice is definitely loud - I'm just hoping it doesn't blow my speaker. The thing that bugs me most (well, 2 things), is if you leave the Mapopolis screen and do anything, answer the phone or even check my calendar, and then go back to the app, Mapopolis resets and I have to re-enter the destination. (Like was mentioned above) I find that very frustrating S I wish there was an option to keep previous entries loaded.

The other big thing is - why can't I enter stops between my starting point and destination? I do residential appraisals and would love to enter all of the comparable properties that I take pictures of and be routed there. It seems that most other GPS software does this...maybe will be addressed in a future update? And add that volume control too...
    This is the problem of single task OS. In ppc mapopolis, you can do everything when Mapopolis is running. Don't tell me POS has high efficiency. PPC mapopolis is much faster than POS version, also PPC version has more than 10 times features than POS version. Those MAPOPOLIS Palm OS Programmers must be idiots.

I am using Treo 650 v2.32 and dell axim x30, reading same maps from same SD card.

By the way, in case some guys still don't know, the maps in mapopolis are cross-platform. So if you bought PPC version, you also get Palm version free.

Also I used the suggested semone4.pdb, which is better. BUT the sound is still too ALOUND, anybody has any suggestion? Thanks
    Last edited by cellneuron; 09/12/2005 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    Hi!

go to http://kudzumonthly.com/mapopolis/ for new voices

Did you know that PTunes is available for free with your registration of your T600?
    Thanks for the link, but how do you install voices on Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by msgott
    In Carroll County Here....
    For those with questions on mapopolis, the "official" forum is on GpsPasSion at:

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/default.asp?CAT_ID=5

I have been a long time Treo Mapopolis user and as near as I can tell, the company seems to have just about abandoned or mothballed the PALM platform.

As far as re-starting the route after a call etc.. there is a preference that you can turn on to continue routing to previous destination and another preference to turn GPS on when starting up, these two should ease the pain of getting in an out of mapopolis. On long routes that takes time to re-compute, this is not really a very good option, but for short routes this works just fine.
    From the lastest reply in GPSPASSION.COM, mapopolis stopped developping POS version mapopolis completely, and maybe gave it up too. The reason is the small POS developer team don't have interests in the latest POS devices.
    That's not a good news