1.    #1  
    I did a search in the posts, but I couldn't seem to find a post noting the same problem. I also couldn't find much on the Snapper/Yahoo board.

I recently switched from the free HS POP3 email app to Snappermail (downloaded 2 days ago).

Config Settings:
    I set up the Prefs/Default Apps with email as "Snapper" and set the SnapperMail setting as "Default email application".

Result:
    When I use the "Send" functionality in any other application, nothing happens. If I immediately try the "Send" again, a soft reset occurs.
    I've tried this via the Palm Applications "Info" screen, DocsToGo v6 Prem, Palm ToDo, and Palm DateBook.... All with the exact same results.

Is this a known issue (is there a workaround)? Has anyone else seen this? Could this be a "leftover" config that was available with only the HS email app?
  2.    #2  
    Correction:

I wrote that I saw this happen under the Palm Applications "Info" screen. I meant the "Palm Applications Apps screen" (via Menu/App/Send).
    I have the same issue exactly. It seems to happen in any app that has the Send function. The first place I noticed it was DiddleBug. I tried it there because the SnapperMail documentation mentioned the ability to send a sketch from the app's Send menu.

At any rate ... I'd like to get this fixed ... but I can't seem to find any other references to the issue.

Anyone else?
    ~ShooterX~
    - President George W. Bush

BUMP
    ~ShooterX~

I use snappermail and don't have this problem with the camera, which has a send function that I use. Indeed that is the only way I download pictures.
    After it resets dial ##377 and it should give an error code. I was getting a similar problem when I tried to use printme. I hit send and nothing, tried again and it reset. I believe the error I had equated to the preference file being corrupted. I had to back up my data, do a wipe and then restore it (sans the pref file). After that no more errors... although I still can't use printme because of a web clipping issue?! *sigh* I suppose I should look into that... someday.
    I just forced the problem to occur twice. First, I attempted to 'send' from the Calendar and the second time from Diddlebug. The error log results follow:

Code:
    A reset was caused on
    1/18/04 at 2:34 pm
    while running
    "Calendar":

Preferences.c, Line:271,
    PrefDB Open Error

A reset was caused on
    1/18/04 at 2:36 pm
    while running
    "DiddleBug":

Preferences.c, Line:271,
    PrefDB Open Error
    So ... in both cases, the problem goes back to a problem in the PrefDB.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? BTW ... Snapper is set as the default Email app in Preferences.
    ~ShooterX~

I get the same exact error message with diddlebug .
    Gues it dont work.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I received the error while using a zip program on the palm with the Send function
    worse here:

I get the reset on the 2nd try of sending from the contacts. The error is in the PrefDB as stated.
    But on rebooting I get a blank screen and nothing more.
    I have to bypass all apps loading (up arrow reset), delete both prefs files (saved, unsaved), reboot and restore the 2 files from the last backup.

This is a pain in the a... And I had this blank screen before on other occasions.
    Now I know what is happenig and how to get around it. I previousl lost data because I had to hard reset!
    --
    Manfred
    OK. It took me 4 hrs but I solved it for me.
    The problem was the Unsaved Prefs DB file.

I deleted it from the Treo, from the backup on the PC and did a hotsync.

I had to enter some app prefs again, which were stored in this file but now I can send from the contacts without a problem.

Hope this helps.
    --
    Manfred
  12.    #12  
    I just finished doing basically the same thing:

Hotsync'ed to back up what I hadn't saved yet (just in case),
    Deleted the unsaved pref file,
    Ran hotsync again and let the restore take over,
    Reset a few pref-settings on the Treo.

After that, the "Send" worked fine.

Thanks for all the input on this. Sometimes cutting to the chase and doing a reset and/or restore can save a lot of effort.
    Thank you so much for posting this fix. I've been fighting this problem for some time now. I did exactly what was suggested: deleting unsaved preference file on Treo using FileZ and then Hotsync'd.

Now I can send without Treo resetting.

Thank you again