1.    #1  
    I've gone from a Palm IIIx to a Treo300 and now a Treo600. For my surgical case coding, I have a text file of CPT codes, and I use to use QED with a widened virtual screen to show the txt CPT files and pick codes. On my Treo600, both QED and an older TealDoc cause the Treo to crash. A newer TealDoc works, but doesn't give the virtual wide screen, which makes the column of codes harder to read. I found a copy of AportisDoc, unlocked, which appears to work, but as soon as I pick a bookmark to move to, the Treo crashes.

Does anyone have an alternative text reader that allows lines of characters wider than the Treo screen, or know why Aportis is crashing my Treo?

David Klein

Sarasota
    If you want a nice free txt editor, checkout VFSi:

http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/vfsi.shtml

This is a really cool freeware that allows you to view/edit plain text files on VFS media!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quick question: Is there a way to copy text from VFSi and paste into into a Document-to-Go doc on my Treo? I can't seem to find a copy command that will copy selected lines of text in the VFSi application Thanks...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Quick question: Is there a way to copy text from VFSi and paste into into a Document-to-Go doc on my Treo? I can't seem to find a copy command that will copy selected lines of text in the VFSi application Thanks...

Hmm...I managed to do it via the command bar. Unfortunately there is no command button on the Treo, so I'm using Butler (formerly treobutler) to activate the command bar via menu-hold and selecting copy funciton from there...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    SiED has a copy command. Havent played with VFSi much but I cant imagine they would leave that out.

BTW if you want to do full Page up/downs in SiED, you can use VolKeys (helps other apps too).
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    If you want to do virtual wide screen try iSilo
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Or, try HandStory ( http:/www/handstory.com ) - it allows simple copy/paste of text or graphics, and you can determine the width. Very handy program - web browser - ebook reader - copy/paste

Have used it for several years, and can't say enough about it. A very happy customer here.
    RJuhl
    Thank you all..a most impressive array of attractive apps to track. However, let me add an offshoot to this request: How does one increase the reach of the clipboard? I bought ClipPro which claims to extend the clipboard from 1K to 64. However, when I paste text from Documents-to-Go into another application (e.g. my email) it does not paste all of the text copied, it fact it paste a limited amount. However, in Documents-to-Go, the full text does appear when pasted into a new doc form.

Long story short, my goal is to select a large amount of text from a Document-to-Go doc I am viewing in that program and then paste it into en email. Gentlemen and gentlewomen...please advise...
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    sorry to metoo but I cuurenly use sied for viewing text files on my sd card - It drives me nuts - there must be an easier to use reader (not converter)
    Perusing recently through Freewarepalm, I found another little jewel called MiniWord that I thought I should mention here...

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Does miniword read and write ascii text off the card? Or is it a db on the palm?

SiEd is the best text editor I've found so far on the Palm. Has room for improvements, yeah, but overall, it's quite nice.
    The free reader at www.palmdigitalmedia.com can be your default doc pdb file reader. The pro version and font pack for sale has a great choice of fonts and colors - excellent to find the right one to read on the small Treo screen.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    The free reader at www.palmdigitalmedia.com can be your default doc pdb file reader. The pro version and font pack for sale has a great choice of fonts and colors - excellent to find the right one to read on the small Treo screen.
    Yeah, there are literally tons of free palmdoc readers like eReader (former PalmReader), Tibr lite etc. But none of these are also text editors like SEiD, VFSi etc...