1.    #1  
    OK, I have a moderately annoying and only intermittently appearing problem.

After a Hotsync I receive a SMS from an "Unknown" sender. The text of the message is nothing but gibberish.

Any ideas why?
    The Toad
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    If you subscribe to Sprint Business Connect but have uninstalled the BC Client from your device, this has been known to cause that problem.

In general, have you uninstalled any apps that use SMS lately? Verichat can also do that on incoming chat request, but at least most of the characters are recognizable.

If you have BizConnect, make sure you have the Palm client installed, and the device is correctly registered on the bc.sprintpcs.com website.

HTH,

Phil
  3.    #3  
    I do have BC and it is working fine so I assume all properly installed. I do not use SMS for anything else
    The Toad
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Okay, I think I may experienced this myself-- I would go into the Settings in BC and go into the Edit Devices section. It may be a bit of a PITA, but go into this section and delete ALL of the devices you see.

The next time you try to sync BC, you will have to reregister the device, and after that, this problem will go away.

Don't ask me why, I just know that it has worked for me before! The gibberish SMS are related to BC.

Also check to see if the "Push Email to my Device" option is checked on the phone. Those SMS messages may be the "triggers" to tell your phone to download new messages automatically.

Let me know if this works for you...

Phil