Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    can anyone help me?

i have snappermail on my treo 600.

i can receive mail just fine but when i try to send mail i get an error message that it can't verify the user.

any help?

thanks
    who is your isp?

who is your carrier?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    i also need some snappermail help. I have the 30 day demo to try out and for some reason I can't send email. I am only interested in sending, not recieving but I have set both pop and smtp up as normal (both are from my own server, not an ISP). The error i get in the log is "SMTP Rcpt To: command failed: 550 sender verified failed" I am not sure what that means but SSL gets established and everything seems to be going fine until the error pops up. I have been able to send mail using the same setup with handspring mail, its just that snappermail would suit so much better to what i am going (mailing pics to textamerica account) since it can attatch from the SD card, and also comes up as an app to send pics with when you choose the "send" button after taking a picture, which for some reason handspring mail doesn't do. thanks for any help.
    I'm have have similar issues as well....!
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    I had a similar problem. I had to put username and password in both pop and smtp.
    Originally posted by Slacknoise
    I had a similar problem. I had to put username and password in both pop and smtp.
    I've done that too...no help.
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    It would be easier for others to help if you posted your POP and SMTP configurations, and also which ISP you are using. Obviously exclude your username and password.
    i know mine is not an issue with an ISP since my pop and smtp are comming from my own server. (these exact settings and everything else work fine in handspring mail)
    pop3
    mail.myserver.com
    mypassword

smtp
    mail.myserver.com
    my password
    always secure
    trust server

and I am getting that 550 error which i don't understand. I guess this merits an email to snapper support I just figured I'd ask the real users out there and see if they had any probs. I am using the 30 day demo too if that makes any diff.
    Originally posted by richardnixon
    i know mine is not an issue with an ISP since my pop and smtp are comming from my own server. (these exact settings and everything else work fine in handspring mail)
    pop3
    mail.myserver.com
    mypassword

smtp
    mail.myserver.com
    my password
    always secure
    trust server

and I am getting that 550 error which i don't understand. I guess this merits an email to snapper support I just figured I'd ask the real users out there and see if they had any probs. I am using the 30 day demo too if that makes any diff.
    Possible problem related to using your own server, I don't know.

Are you certain your user name is correct (you didn't indicate its presence, just your password is indicated in your configurations). Sometimes, as you probably know, usernames are the whole email address, just depends.

Also, in the 'server settings' dialog (more button under the Server Tab) is there anything there that may requie changing? Standard for most ISPs is: POP3 use Port 110, SMTP use port 25. Stating the obvious, I know.

Also, and I don't mean to overstate the obvious again, but under the Identity tab, are you certain your name and email adress are spelled exactly right? Just trying to cover all bases.

If you're certain everything is configured perfectly, then I'd go to the Snapper Yahoo user group and sign up (free). This is a incredibly active forum and you're bound to get some help: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SnapperMail/

Or, of course, you can email Snapper suppport, too. They are really superb at quickly handling support issues.

Hope this helps.
    yeah i have checked over all the settings because the confusing thing has been that handspring mail sends fine with the same settings, and I even checked the settings on my desktop email app just for redundancy. Tried sending mail from snapper to different email addresses and with attatchements and without. It connects and authenticates, at least that is what the connection log says, but then it just stops and gives me that 550 error:"SMTP Rcpt To: command failed: 550 sender verified failed". I guess i'll try the yahoo group and see if i can come up with anything. I post any results here just in case it helps anyone else.
    ok guys, this is the weirdest thing ever, but i read it in an old post about snappermail, sorry lost link now, but I tried it and it worked even though it doesn't make sense. leave the username and password fields blank in your SMTP server settings and turn off SSL (if you need SSL this may not work, but i would say try it anyway). When both fields are empty the tags will read "optional" then try and send mail. I know its weird and doesn't make much sense, since my server requires SMTP authentication, but it worked.
    SMTP authentication is different from SSL-enhanced SMTP. With SMTP authentication, you are requiring people to authenticate before sending mail through your smtp server (a good idea so you don't end up being an 'open relay'). With SSL enabled SMTP, your transaction with the SMTP server is both authenticated and encrypted.

If you are getting in SMTP traffic on port 110, then it may well be authenticated, but it surely isn't using SSL.

Originally posted by richardnixon
    ok guys, this is the weirdest thing ever, but i read it in an old post about snappermail, sorry lost link now, but I tried it and it worked even though it doesn't make sense. leave the username and password fields blank in your SMTP server settings and turn off SSL (if you need SSL this may not work, but i would say try it anyway). When both fields are empty the tags will read "optional" then try and send mail. I know its weird and doesn't make much sense, since my server requires SMTP authentication, but it worked.
    Originally posted by jaytee
    SMTP authentication is different from SSL-enhanced SMTP. With SMTP authentication, you are requiring people to authenticate before sending mail through your smtp server (a good idea so you don't end up being an 'open relay'). With SSL enabled SMTP, your transaction with the SMTP server is both authenticated and encrypted.

If you are getting in SMTP traffic on port 110, then it may well be authenticated, but it surely isn't using SSL.

Boy...my wife says she can't believe how much I know about all this tech stuff...and I have no idea what anyone just said. I must admit, SMTP, SSL, POP3....I have no idea what happens after I hit the SEND button.

This is where I make the move for my wallet...and pay someone to do it for me....
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!
    No luck for me. I still get the 550 Sender Verify Failed error.. Has anyone else had any luck - or none like me?
    Can you provide more information about your specific problem? Who is your provider? Who are you trying to connect with? It will help others point you on the right direction.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Okay. Get ready for this - because it's about to get really wierd... Be right back..
    Okay. I'm using Sprint with my Treo600..

About a month ago, I downloaded SnapperMail.. It worked great. About 2 weeks into it, I started getting the "550 Cannot Verify Sender" error. I didn't make any changes to my Treo600, SnapperMail or the Server Mail configuration. I own my own server.

I was using my email@myownsite.com email account the first time around..

Just now, I thought I'd try something new.. Another one of my sites is also located on that same server.. So, I tried my email@anotheroneofmysites.com email account - and that's working.. I'm guessing that in about 2 weeks, that'll come to an end.

Is this making any sense at all?
    You have to love technology!!! I got the same error initially when I tried to configure my smtp using cox.net server. The only way I got it to work was to use Sprint's smtp. But if you got it working...hopefully it will continue to work!

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    What's unfortunate is how this'll work for a couple of weeks - and that's it.. When I first configured SnapperMail - it was great. It worked perfectly.. But it just stopped one day for no reason (that I can figure out). I'm expecting the same exact thing to happen with this new account. It wont work for long...
    Just another note since I've got the time.. After my email stopped working with the one domain on my server - I gave it one more try and created a new email address. No luck with that one. That's when I decided to create an email address on one of my other sites (on the same server) to test it out.

It's almost like you only get a certain number of transfers per domain name...

Is there anyone out there reading this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast