Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I, too, am getting the same "SMTP Rcpt To: command failed: 550 sender verified failed" error when I try to send mail through my roadrunner account, although I can receive mail fine. Is anyone having success sending mail from a Treo 600 to a roadrunner account using Snapper? If so, please let us know what your settings are.

Thanks,

Bob
    rbrannon
  2.    #22  
    okay, if anybody can help me, please do...

i can receive mail just fine.

i am using my own private email.

for receiving mail:

myname@mail.mysite.com

but for the smtp:

i don't know what to put here...

i've tried the same mail settings

does anyone know what to put for the sprint settings? or where i can confirm or find out my sprint account name?
    Check out the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ail+setup.html

It has very good instructions.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    ok. I have 2 actual emails in my outbox. when I send/receive it says 'sending message 1 of 3'. yes 3. then when send/receive completes I get dialog to view error Log. When reviewing log, the 2 actual emails got sent ok, and third has error message of 'No Sender Address'.

basically somehow extra blank email is stuck in memory. I dealt with it for two weeks until I finally uninstalled/reinstalled snapper. Problem went away, but now its back after one day.

Any thoughts on how to resolve?
    Many carriers (Verizon for example) only allow mail tranmission through their own SMTP servers. It's a security measure to ensure people are not spamming through their network. Your incoming can be your regular mail server, but your outgoing might HAVE to be your provider's. I know this for certain with Verizon...I would assume some other carriers are the same.
    I don't know all of the "technoguru-speak" but I experience the very same problem you guys are describing when I first downloaded SnapperMail. I had to call my ISP to correct the problem. The tech guy said it was a security issue cause by the fact that I was trying to send email from Cingular through my ISP's SMTP mail server.

If I remember correctly he said he had to identify where the email was coming from and authorize that source.

He had me up and running in just a few seconds.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12