1.    #1  
    When I first got my Treo 600 I noticed that it would randomly connect (go from Dormant to Activate (gray to green)) even when I didn't have anything connecting at that time.

I started looking into this by writing an application which would keep track of connections (building a log of sorts) and I found that my phone went active WAY more then I wanted it to (killing battery and causing calls (on Sprint PCS) to go to voicemail).

I have been playing around with an app to manage my connections and I was wondering what kind of interest other people would have in this app.

Would anyone be interested in buying an application like this? If so, for how much?

Current features I have which I think might be useful.

Keep track of the amount of time your phone spends active and/or dormant.

Be able to auto disconnect from the network after a specified amount of time of inactivity (for instance, i check my e-mail once every 30 minutes, I don't really need my connection live in between).

Also, I want to have a feature which enables the user to control which apps the time out applies to (if I like the time for autodisconnects to be 10 seconds, I don't want to be connecting and disconnecting all the time while I am browsing in Blazer).

Please let me know what kind of interest there is for this.

It would only work on the Treo 600 (I don't have any other phone to try it on).

Thanks,

Chris
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    I'd be interested, but first I'd like to know if there's a legitimate reason for why the Treo occasionally "checks in" with the network. I wouldn't want to be disabling something that might cause me problems later.
    Also, my connection to Vision does seem to disconnect itself after a period of non-use, although I don't know if this is be design or not.
  3.    #3  
    The Treo 600 runs just fine if it is disconnected. When an app needs to connect it will automatically connect (if you have checked that check box).

By automatically disconnecting, it is no different from physically going to the "Network" prefs and pressing the Disconnect button. This Application automates this process (with much more powerful options).

I haven't done any scientific comparisons, but my battery is certainly not as drained at the end of the day.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I'm looking for anything that helps conserve batt life... even if this only saves 1%, I'll take it.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    The Treo 600 runs just fine if it is disconnected. When an app needs to connect it will automatically connect (if you have checked that check box).
    Sorry, that's not what I meant. I'm talking about when you ARE connected to vision and the indicator periodically goes from gray to green for a few seconds. My question is: when it does that, is it "doing anything"? Is there a reason why I might want to keep vision connected even though I'm not actively using it for anything. Probably not, but I'm just curious.

And yes, my battery life is noticably better when I'm completely disconnected from Vision, so I'm sure this would be a useful utility.
    I agree, it's a PITA to have to remember to turn off Vision. With Vision on, the battery drains.