1.    #1  
    I just came to realize after a month and a half of proudly owning my T600 that the image is not evenly distributed on the screen. It is skewed more to the left. I have let's say 2 mm from the right side of the screen, compared to let's say 1 mm on the left side.

Anyone else out there in the same situation? is there a fix to it? Or am I just obsessive-compulsive ?
    May the G4ce be with you
    This is a normal Treo600. Dont worry.
    I don't go looking for trouble. It comes looking for me.
    From the HS site
    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...olutionId=9314

Why is my Treo 600 screen slightly off-center? Is it defective?

Nope. We designed it that way. All Treo 600 screens are slightly off-center (to the left).

The screen: size vs. symmetry
    In order to design the Treo 600 as one of the most compact smartphones ever created, we had to squeeze the screen, along with all the other components, into a space of 4.4 x 2.4 x 0.9 inches. Rather than make the device symmetrical (and larger), we nudged the screen less than a quarter of an inch off-center, in order to accommodate the other components in minimal space.

During the design phase, our hardware designers toyed with increasing the width of the plastic casing along the right side of the screen (thus centering the screen in a plastic square that was slightly wider on the right), or making the device itself larger, but they didn't like the way that looked. We went with the more attractive option.

Is it a defect?
    No, this has been part of the Treo 600 specification from very early in the design phase.

Our product designers decided on a form factor that maximized the space available in an amazingly compact package. We think they did a fantastic job.
  4.    #4  
    thank you guys. I feel much better now!
    May the G4ce be with you
    me too....
    Seriously ... I dropped my Treo about a month ago (on carpet thank goodness) and I was sick thinking that I had dislodged the screen somehow and shifted it over. Was very happy to find out this was a nomal "defect" when I did a Google search (took me to the HS website quoted above). As some say.."There are two types of Treo owners...those who HAVE dropped thire Treos and those who WILL drop their Treos"
    Originally posted by jimmyk001
    and I was sick thinking that I had dislodged the screen somehow and shifted it over.
    Big lol !

I also thought I myself did something wrong to my poor treo!

I even blamed the dog!!
    Originally posted by jimmyk001
    Seriously ... I dropped my Treo about a month ago (on carpet thank goodness) and I was sick thinking that I had dislodged the screen somehow and shifted it over. Was very happy to find out this was a nomal "defect" when I did a Google search (took me to the HS website quoted above). As some say.."There are two types of Treo owners...those who HAVE dropped thire Treos and those who WILL drop their Treos"
    heh....

I was also concerned that it was somethign i might have done to my treo. I even drove out to a best buy to compare it to others...for some reason, mine still looked like it was shifted over to the left.
    Originally posted by cruelpupet
    for some reason, mine still looked like it was shifted over to the left.
    ....that's because it IS.........