1.    #1  
    I signed up for Yahoo plus for $29.95 for about a 2 months now so I can have mail forwarding and use their SMTP servers. For the price, I get more storage space and better spam filters. Yeah right! BS! I am getting 4 times more spam now than when I was not paying for Yahoo. They must think that with more storage they can send more spam. I have my profile set to not receive any promotions but that does not seem to work. Anyone else with Yahoo plus? What's your experience with it?
    There is an alternative to Yahoo Plus to get POP access to your Yahoo account. Unfortunately, it only works on the Windows OS (it won't work on a Palm device as far as I can tell), but it's a great way to access your Yahoo mail from Outlook or another Windows e-mail client. And best of all... it's absolutely FREE! It's called YahooPops!, and it generates a POP3 account from your free Yahoo mail service that can be used in many e-mail clients. It even has a feature that deletes your Yahoo bulk mail and trash folders everytime you check you mail (from within Outlook, etc.). It's a great tool, and I love the fact that I never have to deal with Yahoo's notoriously slow webmail interface, and that my bulk mail folder is no longer a nuisance. Maybe someone can figure out a clever way of integrating this handy tool into the Palm OS so us Treo users can us it as well. Here's the link to YahooPops!:

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

-Brian
    ---------------------------
    Brian Racherbaeumer
    RacherVision
    I also upgraded to plus but I unchecked the download bulk mail folder which is where 99% of my spam goes and when I go online with the treo I no longer get spam. I agree with you that I get 4 times the spam in the box but I don't pay for the spam to go to treo. Funny how the spam seems to happen right after you log in lol Log in at 510 log out at 511 and at 512 you have 4 new bulk mails.
  4.    #4  
    Where do you uncheck the download bulk mail folder? What does that do for you on the treo?

I am complaining about spam in my Yahoo Plus inbox, not in my bulk mail folder which I never open anyway (I empty it). I just received 9 spams in a row in my Yahoo inbox from Allied Marketing Promotions, LLC. and a few from Macy's. I select them and mark them as spam in hopes that it would filter them out but it does'nt do sh*t other than to invite more spam. I am really pissed that I am paying for Yahoo Plus and getting more spam than when I was not paying for it. Any suggestions to cut down the spam?

Originally posted by Clark Griswold
    I also upgraded to plus but I unchecked the download bulk mail folder which is where 99% of my spam goes and when I go online with the treo I no longer get spam. I agree with you that I get 4 times the spam in the box but I don't pay for the spam to go to treo. Funny how the spam seems to happen right after you log in lol Log in at 510 log out at 511 and at 512 you have 4 new bulk mails.
    I have Yahoo Plus and yep, spam is an issue. One suggestion... do NOT open the spam. Just delete it from the main Inbox screen. I have been doing this for a few weeks now and my spam is down to a trickle. Even selecting "Spam" checkbox seems to mark you as a recipient somehow. You are better off just deleting.