Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just installed and tested this program and -- it is a tremendous time saver, no more retyping or copying text to another program. Nice plugin! Still early, but this might be a "must have" app for me.

It's Description:
    "Wouldn't you like to make your handheld faster and easier to use? Entering appointments, address book entries, tasks and other information while simultaneously talking to people in a meeting or on the phone is difficult. Many handheld computer users still use a pencil and paper, or "sticky notes" to take notes, and then re-enter the information to the handheld computer later. The result is a clutter of papers, and no organization.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...3&prodID=44524
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 11/04/2004 at 08:39 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  2.    #2  
    So what do you guys think about this app?

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Tried it a while back. Didn't find much use for it.
    haven't tried it myself, but it got great reviews from handheld computing magazine. they consideredit a "must have" application I believe. the same developer puts out "thought manager" which i use all the time as a teacher to organzie my lesson plans.

from all i have heard slap is a real time saver...

please tell us how you feel after you have "lived" with it a little longer.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Actually tried it and purchased it. It is very convienent to have a single pont where can enter notes, meeting notes, todos and misc stuff - then when you have a moment highlight the text and direct them to the coresponding applications like the address book, memo pad, ToDos and other apps that support it. Programs that integrate with it include SnapperMail, Thoughtmanager and DayNotez. I mapped it to DPAD-Down on the Phone screen.

The only weak area with the app is support for the 5-Way DPAD. I have e-mailed the deeveloper, Handshigh, and made some suggestions regarding navigation and selectiing text. Despite that a very cool program which was worth the purchase prce. Check out the developers website for more info http://handshigh.com/html/slap.html .
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    i too emailed the developer to try to get support for the 5 way nav button in thoughtmanager. i think we should all do this. the more people who speak up about the treo the better. when it reaches a critical mass...they will act. as the saying goes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

and since this developer did both thoughtmanager and slap...it would be great if they could add support for both.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by southbound747
    i too emailed the developer to try to get support for the 5 way nav button in thoughtmanager. i think we should all do this. the more people who speak up about the treo the better. when it reaches a critical mass...they will act. as the saying goes "the squeaky wheel gets the grease."

and since this developer did both thoughtmanager and slap...it would be great if they could add support for both.
    You beat me to the punch...

I was just about to post and say as good as the program is, people should e-mail the developer and request the dpad support. Actually, if anybody has additional ideas the should post them to this thread and the send the developer the URL to the thread. I have seen a lot of good work come from developers who activly seek feedback on this board, such as Takephone, Profle and TreoHelper...
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    not to be picky be any means...but the treo's button isn't actually called a d-pad if i'm not mistaken. that is what palmone calls its own button on the tungstun line i believe. so as long as we are asking specifically for support for the treo, we should ask for support for the treo's "5-way navigation control" or something similar.

i just mention that because some developers have told me they have support for the D-pad....and later i found out it didn't support the treo's 5-way which is different.

but you are right....we gotta email these guys so they will take us seriously. i just re-emailed handshigh support ( i last emailed them 3 weeks ago) to ask about any progress. hey...i bought 2 versions of thoughmanager (1 for me and 1 for my wife) at $30 a pop. plus i am considering getting slap. it's great stuff. it could just be a whole lot better.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the suggestion, I just wrote the company requesting the 5 way navigational feature, here is the link I used:

http://handshigh.com/html/techsupport.html

The more people who express the interest in having this added feature, the better the chance it will be added.

I've had Slap! going back to my Treo 300 and continued to use it with my 600, especially now that it has 5-way support. It also integrates with e-mail now and shows my Icon for Snappermail.

I use Slap! all day long...it's so quick and easy to jot something down with this program. Now combined with TreoSelecText, I can easily highlight anything I entered in Slap! and transfer it to the To Do, Contacts, Memo, Datebook or E-mail if desired.

Slap! and TreoSelecText make a great combination!!!
    Does slap circumvent os 6's 1024 byte clipboard limit? If it does I'm getting it.
    I's like to slap the meatheads at Palm for putting that limit in os 6 when os 3.5 in the Treo 300 didn't have it.
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    Does slap circumvent os 6's 1024 byte clipboard limit? If it does I'm getting it.
    I's like to slap the meatheads at Palm for putting that limit in os 6 when os 3.5 in the Treo 300 didn't have it.
    Don't know the answer to that one...sorry!
    Sorry, I meant os 5

14.    #14  
    Sorry, I meant os 5

If you mean is it 5 way navagivational? yes. The developer notes that it is 0S.5 Enhanced.

"If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you educate a family." -African Proverb

- is that why 2/3rds of Africans still live in poverty ?
  16.    #16  
    Originally posted by murrayalex
    "If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you educate a family." -African Proverb

Who said that education was a prerequisite to prosperity.

Originally posted by murrayalex

as both a male teacher and a devoted father, i can understand how some men might take offense at what geekymom's quote says. i have tried hard to be a positive influence on both my students and 2 children. having said that, i can't deny my wife has spent more time with my kids than i have. nor can i deny that this is true in most families...

i think the rate of poverty in africa has more to do with the effects of european imperialism than anything else. africa was one of the last continents to be colonized by europe. first portugal started the slave trade and the mass exodus of black slaves and all the consequent disruption that caused. then france and germany got into the game of colonial expansion too late for the americas and asia....and tried to catch up to england and spain. the tragedies of modern africa have many complex antecedents. your comment simply shows your ignorance.

i believe geekymom's point was that moms are the first teachers in all societies. children learn first and more from their moms than anyone else. therefore, by helping women you help everyone....ultimately.

do you have a problem with that?
    Last edited by southbound747; 02/12/2004 at 10:17 PM.
    Well said.
    I have the freeware program Diddlebug on my treo 180 (and planned to install it on my treo 600 when I get it. Though I think I remember seeing that it's included with Snappermail?).

I've never used this feature, but it has something called "Intellibooger" which uses "pick and flick" algorithms (haha!) to do functionality that sounds similar to slap by using plugins. Could be a decent alternative, plus it's a great sticky note program.

http://diddlebug.sourceforge.net/
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by JHETZEL
    Actually tried it and purchased it. It is very convienent to have a single pont ...Despite that a very cool program which was worth the purchase prce. Check out the developers website for more info htthandshigh.com/html/slap.html . [/QUOTE

I think the price is a bit high, IMO this is a product or mild users, cause the heavy users are using Agendus or the other major integrated products. But to get the Slap bundle and then add the ToDo's Plus you have alread spent enough to get a more polished APP.
    Dont get me wrong I love the look and I wish and haved emailed the developer that they shoue take the next step and add a Contact's feature So all the major apps will have the same look and feel.
    I like the fact that you can dump Diddlebug for drawing and then add a drawing to you memo or ToDo; this is a neat feature for drawing quick maps/directions.
    But the price is a bit High for the added features it provides.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast