Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not worth $12. Weak 5-way navi support.

The main reason to use it is to take notes while you are on the phone. How can you do that when you are ON the phone. Best app for this is a pen and a piece of paper and then transfer it to the Treo after you have finished the phone call.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Handshigh just released version 1.5 of SLAP. They added a contact look up feature and the 5-way navigation seems to be improved. http://handshigh.com/html/slap.html
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    I like the SLAP app it is very handy to be able to free up some buttons but still have quick access to TODOs MEMO and Calandar! Since I don't need the big time agendus style apps I am happy.
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    "If you educate a man you educate an individual, but if you educate a woman you educate a family." -African Proverb

- is that why 2/3rds of Africans still live in poverty ?

The quote of marrayalex is just b*llsh*t. When you educate a woman instead of a man it is throwing your money away, as a large majority of the women will be housewives and will not use their learned skills in an outhouse job.
    SO: EDUCATE A MAN SO THAT HE WILL NE ABLE TO FINANCIALLY SUPPORT HIS FAMILY AND YOU HELP FATHER, MOTHER AND CHILDREN (sometimes up to 10) AT ONCE.
    o.k. here comes the fire...
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
  6.    #26  
    Peter,

It was not murry's quote, I posted it, and he quoted it. In some cases this is true some educated women do CHOOSE to stay at home. I have for the last 6 years and my kids are honor roll students so it has born fruit. Education is never wasted when applied in a productive manner in one's life. On another note, no one said that women should be educated Instead of men, where did that come from? There is enough education to go around.

IMHO, all people need to be educated on some level that will benefit and enhance their lives, knowledge and world around them. But women/mothers are their children's first teachers. And you can't really teach what you yourself do not know, rather you have a degree(s) or well read, etc. Just my two cents.

P.S. My hus is educated too btw and although I'm a stay-at-home Mom, I am blessed to have my own source of income and that's nice. But it's really not about that because -- All good things and blessings do come from God.

For the record, there is a difference between education and wisedom. I think it's good to have and use BOTH.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 05/28/2004 at 06:15 AM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm giving Slap a try...is anyone using it with snappermail? When I type something in Slap and then hit the snapper icon to xfer it into the mail program, it shows up in snapper with plus signs between the words, like+this. Has anyone run into this - and been able to fix it? I've tried reassigning the buttons, but beyond that I don't know what else to do.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    I'm giving Slap a try...is anyone using it with snappermail? When I type something in Slap and then hit the snapper icon to xfer it into the mail program, it shows up in snapper with plus signs between the words, like+this. Has anyone run into this - and been able to fix it? I've tried reassigning the buttons, but beyond that I don't know what else to do.
    This seems to be a bug associated with version 1.5. The previous version did not have this problem. I have e-mailed the developer and will post their response.
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

I was a big fan of this app when I first discovered it in beta stage a year or so ago. I really found it helpful back then. But I lost it, and I couldn't remember the name So now, I'm really happy to have it back again! Thank You GeekyMom!

I like it best for entering dates because I find it easier to enter them in english, then through the address book forms.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL
    This seems to be a bug associated with version 1.5. The previous version did not have this problem. I have e-mailed the developer and will post their response.
    I just recieved a response from the developer. There is a bug with text being transfered to Snappermail with +'s in place of spaces. They advised they will fix immediatly. I would expect a new version on thier site sometime this week.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    southbound747: That was truly beautiful
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12