Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I'm looking for an IMAP client for my Treo. Ideally it would support multiple accounts allowing me to check for messages, move messages from folder to folder, delete messages, toggle read/unread status of messages, download/read select messages.
    Chatter!
    Originally posted by taing
    I'm looking for an IMAP client for my Treo. Ideally it would support multiple accounts allowing me to check for messages, move messages from folder to folder, delete messages, toggle read/unread status of messages, download/read select messages.
    Isn't "simple IMAP" and oxymoron?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I just took a look at the chatter manual. From what I read it doesn't really fit the bill. First of all, the IM stuff is a waste for what I need. Secondly, it doesn't appear to use the palm contact DB for email addresses. Also I can't tell how to access multiple folders on a server or setup multiple servers. It appears to offer an option to save a copy of sent mail but I can't tell if I can select which folder on the server to use for this. I also can't tell how to select background checking for mail without downloading more than the header.
    If you don't need the IM stuff, don't use it I guess, I'm not sure if you NEED to in order to use the IMAP functionality.

No, I don't believe it does use the palm db for contact emails. Honestly, I haven't really run into this limitation before as I primarily RESPOND to emails with my Treo rather than initiate communications with someone.

To access a server.folder you setup a folder for each on Chatter. Each Chatter folder is an IMAP folder on a server (one server or multiple servers). I'm not sure about the other options you mentioned. I do need to check on where my Sent-Mail goes though...
    Chatter _does_ use the palm db for email addresses. It has a rather nice implementation, IMO. (You type part of the name or address, tap "To", and it brings up all matching entries, and you tap the one you want.
    Originally posted by dennisl
    Chatter _does_ use the palm db for email addresses. It has a rather nice implementation, IMO. (You type part of the name or address, tap "To", and it brings up all matching entries, and you tap the one you want.
    Huh. Shows you what I know!
    I've started using fusemail, and it's great. Go to fusemail.com. The account is free, and you can link your Hotmail, Yahoo, and other IMAP accounts, then add it to your Sprint BC clients, if you have PCS.