Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Boy oh boy so much hate and discontent about the T6. I guess it would be expected in a product forum such as this.
    I would just like to know if there is anyone out there who grown to love some od the choices Handspring put into the device.
    At first I hated rhe 160 display but I moch more love extra talk time. Heck my 300 wouldn't make past noon. I also love that when I type an (i) it changes it to I.
    I smile every time I compare it to my T300. Am I alone? Is the T6 failing???
    1. I'm on bedrest but still ¬
    I think you guys are taking the "what annoys you thread" too seriously. I started that thread to give new and prospective users a single place to go and read about the current pitfalls of the device. There ARE problems with it and we shouldn't stick our heads in the sand to hide from them.

OTOH, the device is UNBELIEVABLE in my opinion. What do I love most? Geez, hard to say...

I love that I no longer have to carry three devices (prism + cellphone + mp3 player).

I love that I was able to look up an actor in IMDB while standing in the buffet line at the Bellagio. It was driving us all nuts until I realized I had internet access in my pocket (still getting used to that!)

I love that, once I get ssh working (haven't tried yet), I'll be able to log into my unix servers and fix them remotely.

I love the keyboard. I mean, really... I LOVE the keyboard.

I love the 5-way nav pad.

I love the form factor (though I might love a clamshell more). But at least this one isn't at brickish as the T300 and other treos.

I could go on and on, and I suspect everyone who's posted to the 'annoy' thread could too. Posts to that thread don't mean we don't love the device... it just means there are still annoying quirks with it

Jeff
    The integration between Palm and phone makes it so much more convenient and powerful than two separate devices. I'd never want to have to search through an address book as big as was on my Palm using the crummy search tools of most phones, but on the Treo it's easy.

I love the ability to get an email with a web link in it, (wirelessly, of course) and simply click on the link to get there.

I love Treo Alert. The page function on my other Sprint phones was always a joke, because it didn't really act like a pager. With TreoAlert it does.

And (although this isn't ALL due the the Treo) I love this:

My office phone system is IP based. When I get a voice mail, it automatically puts an email in my inbox. Running Symmetry Pro, Visto Express or Basejet on my desktop notifies me of the email via SMS, and lets me access my Outlook (Exchange server) mailbox remotely. So within minutes of getting a voice mail message at work, I know who called me, and can decide whether to listen to the voice mail, call the person back, or ignore it.

Oh, yes, I love the keyboard, although many things are still easier to do with a stylus. And I love the Dpad navigation, but ditto the stylus.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I love so much about it:

- Carrying one device
    - Docs to Go - this has become a replacement for my laptop.
    - pTunes (especially Shoutcast)
    - MMPlayer - I can 'tape' TV shows using Snapstream, convert tham to T600-size, and watch them on the T600 while waiting between meetings or during the boring parts of my kids' gymnastics class.
    - Camera: even though folks gripe about the quality, it's great for pics on the fly.
    - E-mail / AIM on the run: as a busy school principal, I can get e-mails while walking the halls or get IM'd when my secretary needs me.
    - quick, convenient web surfing!

I'm sure there are many others - this is just a terrific device!
    I thought my old 300 was cool stuff. My 600 is meant for Mars exploration..!!

I use my 600 for just about everything. I don't see my home computer much anymore. I don't have to be there to chat on AOL,MSN, YAHOO thanks to Verichat. The mail program that HS provided for us Sprint users enables me to acces both YAHOO and MSN accounts remotely (send and receive). Expandable memory= more music, more contacts, more pics, more games!!!

ANd the price was extremely attractive..149.00!! Bet you can guess how I got it for that price!!!!!

IGO

TREO 600.....YOU NEED THIS!!!
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    OK, I'll bite - how did you get it for $149?
    Bought the T600 at 399... from Handspring first week it came out.
    Called and extended my contract for 2 years, SPrint gives me 150.00 bucks "back". Lower initial price was due to owning a previous T300. I sold that phone for 100 bucks.

399.00 - 150.00 - 100.00 = 149.99 !!

Easy!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by sysvr4

I love that I was able to look up an actor in IMDB while standing in the buffet line at the Bellagio. It was driving us all nuts until I realized I had internet access in my pocket (still getting used to that!)

I'd say that I've used my wireless web access over the last coupla years for this single thing far more than anything else.
    Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example then at least try to be a horrible reminder.
    what i love :

1) the keyboard is truly brilliant. .. a little cramped, but brilliant

2) the web on the go.. is fantastic

3) the mp3 player ... my ipod slash cell phone slash pda... etc.

4) one button assignment to callers

5) having email on the go... snappermail

6) having agendus.. all my business in one place.. contacts, to dos, etc... you only have to go to one place for all of your important information.. freedom

7)pretty decent cell phone.

8) 5-way nav is great

9) form factor
    I agree with all the good stuff that makes the Treo 600 almost a perfect gadget. Then I discovered that you can listen to music through the speakerphone so my Treo is now constantly playing music except on calls. I thought this was a great feature.

Then just this week I discovered it can also play videos!!! Incredible.I now have a couple of one-hour TV programs in my SD card that I haven't watched yet. I have both reserved for times when I find myself in boring places or situations and had to kill time.

My Treo is now a Phone, PDA, Pocket Computer, Camera, MP3 Player, Video Player, Flashlight - all for less than $450. About 5 years ago, I paid $500 for a StarTac Phone, and just over 10 years ago, I paid $1200 for my Car Phone!!!!
    Ed
    I was in the airport last week, and while waiting for the flight, I surfed the web to check the flight time, as well as weather.

the treo 600 drew glances instantly, from people at the bar, to waiters working the floor.

the wow factor...... this is what I love about the treo!
  13.    #13  
    …SVSR4
    My reason for this thread is to offset the all the negitive vibes about a great device .
    I know your intent was too put all the gripes in one tread so if some
    one is looking for info, they can find it. Well this is the same thing. The good things that do work.
    there may be a problem with let's say VPN or garage door opening. a new user May say this phone is no good because a feature will not work when there are so many many things that work or will be fixed with a new app from palmgear.

just my 2 cents

ain't Anerica great!
    Yea, but I did it first! (By about a day)
    Check out my thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46314/s.html
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I've had my Treo 600 for about 2 weeks. Prior to it, I had a tiny Nokia. I'm on ATT GSM.

- it's a much better phone than the Nokia. Sound quality is much, much better.

- best of all, no more Palm Pilot and phone. One device vs. two

- I love the size and feel of the phone in my hand. The Nokia was way too small. Button layout is excellent

- I like the speakerphone

- when I learn how to play MP3's and TV shows, now that will be great (tips and advice are welcome!)

- the camera's fun but due to image quality, I'm using it less and less (I've read the threads - not much to do here)

- battery life seems very good so far

- email on the road - wow!

- web access OK, but its slow and I'm not proficient at it yet
    Originally posted by Bujin
    I love so much about it:

- MMPlayer - I can 'tape' TV shows using Snapstream, convert tham to T600-size, and watch them on the T600 while waiting between meetings or during the boring parts of my kids' gymnastics class.
    A little off topic but could you please give us a link to Snapstream? I did a search but only found a bunch of dead links.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    http://www.snapstream.com seems to be live. Phenomenal program; I can save TV shows (and can even remotely set it to record from my Treo), convert them to DivX using VirtualDub, and watch them later.
    Last edited by Bujin; 01/17/2004 at 06:10 PM.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn
    Yea, but I did it first! (By about a day)
    Check out my thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t46314/s.html
    If I would have known this I would have posted to you thread but your thread was so nice I had to post it twice

sorry
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.
    No worries it is all good.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Bujin
    http://www.snapstream.com seems to be live. Phenomenal program; I can save TV shows (and can even remotely set it to record from my Treo), convert them to DivX using VirtualDub, and watch them later.
    Thanks for the link. I was hoping the process was simplier. -LOL

Glad you got it to work for youself.

-Cheers
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast