1.    #1  
    If I'm browsing the web on my Treo 600 and come across an image that I want to save to my Treo, how can I do it? Do I need a browser other than Blazer?

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    You should be able to highlight over it and then it will ask you to download.

Not sure if it works all the time.

I tested it on textamerica.com

Try it.
    If the image has the link then all you do is tap on the link and then save it. After the browser will prompt to if save or open. if you select Save then the browser will send the image the default viewer it will display it. you can use viewers like myAlbum www.toysoft.ca

not sure if you can tap on a static image and save it like you do on the desktop browser like IE.
  4.    #4  
    Smiley, that's exactly what I'm talking about... when there is no link. More or less, what I need is a "right-click" option to "save as."

NJK
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Actually, maybe we can help each other out here?

I know how to do it on a Treo 300, do it all the time, and wanted someone to try it on a 600 as part of my checklist of things that must work on a 600 before i commit to buying one.

Using Xiino, I can (and often do) visit Mapquest, load a large map, then I tap and hold the stylus on the image which brings up a prompt to SAVE IMAGE. You have to HOLD YOUR STYLUS on the image for like 3 full seconds without moving it. Found this "feature" by accident. Now, here's the good part, the Treo 300 browsing with Xiino normally goes through a proxy to knock down the res so it fits and is small, but when you save it this way it downloads the nice large detailed image that can then be viewed with someting like acid image (zoom in and out, follow streets etc).

If ANYONE with a 600 could try this feature with Xiino on the 600 i would be very appreciative... asked in another thread and got nothing... thanks...
    OK I tried it and this is the message I get:
    Could not open image. Please install PictureGear Pocket.

Just for kicks I opened the "Pictures" app attached to the camera app, and the pic I "Downloaded" is not available. Now we need a cute little app to convert "PictureGear" images to the internal graphic format of the camera app.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    My Xiino with the Treo 300 gives an error too but the image still downloads.

I tap and hold an image, it prompts to save it, you see the large image downloading, then it says "not supported in this version" or something. BUT, if you then open Acid Image or whatever the image is there. It's just named something really strange.

Could it be that you missed it because it's named someting weird?

Thanks, good luck...
    ----------------------------------------
    mk3cn4 uses a Treo 600 with ReqWireless Web Browser (others are useless IMO), Snappermail, Xiino, PalmVNC... and is a big infone fan. Cheaper and magnatudes better than Sprint's 411 ripoff, www.infone.com.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, just tried this and it works perfectly.

Now I want to be able to send that same image via PictureMail to any e-mail address (from my Treo).

How?

NJK
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p