1.    #1  
    I was playing around with my treo and found out if you hit the home, backspace, and enter key together twice the screen turns on?

Can anyone else verify this...and is it a feature or mistake?

btw i have a cdma sprint treo...

digidep
    Originally posted by digidep
    I was playing around with my treo and found out if you hit the home, backspace, and enter key together twice the screen turns on?

Can anyone else verify this...and is it a feature or mistake?

btw i have a cdma sprint treo...

digidep
    Same here, also on a Sprint Treo. Don't see how it's any use.

What I really would like is to be able to turn it on with the home key, just like the four function keys. In theory, is that something someone could write a "hack" for or is it a hardware issue?
    Weird, mine too (you have to hit them all three TWICE like you said). How in the world did you figure that out? And why does it happen?
  4.    #4  
    I agree that it's not very useful.

I had just gotten my egrips and seeing how they felt with the keyboard and then the backlight turned on...it took me a few times to see what combination of buttons hit turned on my treo.

Not really helpfull and definitely weird.

digidep
    Definitely wierd, but maybe not useless. This implies that the device recognizes keyboard input even when the screen is off. So it should be possible to write a program to perform an action based on keyboard input when off.

Whether there's any reason to do THAT, I'm not sure.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by meyerweb
    Definitely wierd, but maybe not useless. This implies that the device recognizes keyboard input even when the screen is off. So it should be possible to write a program to perform an action based on keyboard input when off.

Whether there's any reason to do THAT, I'm not sure.
    Perhaps to control PocketTunes while it is playing, without turning back on and finding your way back into the program?