1.    #1  
    I have been using aol 3.0 and was trying to upgrade to version 3.1 Has any one been able to do it and does 3.1 work on T6. They are charging 19.99 for update which is unbelievable since i had to pay that for version 3.0

Fred
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Paying sucks, but it works...
    Rob
    AOL 3.1 works great for me. Had 3.0 and got a free upgrade to 3.1 because I mentioned an annoying bug to them where the main screen always turned white.
    Did you call AOL for that? I have the same problem with 3.0. That never happened on my 270 but now every time I log off I get a blank screen with just my user name in right top corner.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Did you call AOL for that? I have the same problem with 3.0. That never happened on my 270 but now every time I log off I get a blank screen with just my user name in right top corner.
    No call, just emailed them the problem and they sent me 3.1 right afterwards.
    Does 3.1 still require Web Clipping? Or have they removed the content they had, or made it work through Blazer?

- Mike
    3.1 removed all of that content that 3.0 had. No more web clipping and "my aol" stuff.
    Originally posted by TR30

No call, just emailed them the problem and they sent me 3.1 right afterwards.
    Where did you email? I have not been able to find a support contact for AOL 3.1.

Whenever I try to sign on, the screen displays "Connected," then "Checking Password," then "Starting Services." At this point, it seems to stall, and then I get a popup stating "Error - Failed to establish services"

Anyone else have this problem?
  9.    #9  
    go to handango and search aol 3.1 then click on contact the developer. that will aiiow you to e mail your problem and they will get back to you.

Fred
    Where's "contact the developer"? I can't find it. The reason I'm looking is that I keep getting an error message when signing on that says "could not create access number database." All I have to do though, is click "OK" and I'm then signed on.

I suspect it might be a result of my having tried to have it find it's own access number, it not working, thus just finding a local access number on AOL and entering it myself.

Anyone have any suggestions on that?
    I wouldn't use any "local AOL access #'s" to sign on to AOL. You're gonna add lots additional charges to your bill. Use "Another ISP" as your connection.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Why? Isn't it just dialing a local number? Which, as far as my bill is concerned, is just additional minutes off of my plan?

Fill me in...I don't want to find a bunch of unexpected charges on my first bill with my Treo.

What should I be doing instead?

Thanks!
    Even though you would be dialing a local # you are going to be charged a per minute rate outside of your pooled wireless minutes as an additional charge whatever it amounts to.
    Trust me and use "Another ISP".
    On the main AOL sign on screen next to location, choose Another ISP from the pulldown menu. This way it will use Sprint Vision to connect if that's what you have or it will use your T-Mo or Cingular gprs/dial up connection.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Done.

It signs on MUCH faster now, and I don't get the error message I mentioned above about building an access number database.

Thanks.