1.    #1  
    Sorry folks, I've searched everywhere and not really found what I'm looking for here.

Essentially what I'm looking for is a recommendation on 1 or 2 applications that will allow me to synchronize :

mail
    calendar
    to do
    notes
    tasks

from outlook both wirelessly and in the cradle.
    My company has exchange servers but no POP or IMAP support.

I've been using Basejet which is just great, but still need a similar solution for the other outlook stuff.

Appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Adam.
    www.good.com

Adds Blackberry type always in synch to the 600.

very happy
    Originally posted by hypergate
    www.good.com

Adds Blackberry type always in synch to the 600.

very happy
    Yeah, providing your company will agree to pay for and install Goodlink server software. I work for a Microsoft-centric company that will not get Good cause they think it's too much money and trouble to support a handful of Palm OS users.
  4.    #4  
    yeah...I'm in the same situation as tDot.
    What do we do if your IT department is not an option ?
    I'm using Symmetry Pro from Infowave - http://www.infowave.com/products/ind_s-pro.asp

runs on my desktop, sends me my outlook email, syncs my contacts and calendar, allows me to accept meeting requests remotely. also has a feature that lets me search my desktop inbox remotely - nice for pulling up old mails.

they have a downloadable trial - if you like it you can pay by the month or an annual fee - I believe it's $19.95.

I've been using it for 5 days now and love it -
    I've been evaluating three products on my Sprint T600:

Symmetry Pro
    Visto Message Express
    Basejet

The good news is al three work great at letting you receive and read and reply to your Exchange Server email. None required any setup by our network group.

Of the three Symmetry Pro is the only what that lets you remotely access your calendar, ToDo's, etc. So if that's critical, then it's the one for you. SymPro also lets you search your exchange inbox for old messages, so you don't need to try to keep a copy of everthing that might be important on your handheld.

All three are supposed to support instant notification via SMS, but Visto doesn't claim to support this for the Treo600, and I haven't been able to get it to work consistently (I got a message once, but not since). SymPro occasionally fails to notify me, and also gives me occasional SMS alerts even when I don't have any new mail. It also seems to randomly activiate the "new mail" notification icon on my desktop even when I don't have any new mail. SymPro tech support says they know SMS is sometimes unreliable with Sprint, but that they haven't seen the "New Mail" problem before. Basejet SMS notification seems to work fine. Maybe the SMS problems will be resolved once Sprint goes live with real SMS.

Sympro is supposed to automatically download any new emails when you get the SMS message, but it doesn't. But starting a manual sync when you get the message isn't a big deal. Basejet DOES automatically retrieve new email after getting the SMS notification.

All three can be set to have the handheld poll the desktop at specific intervals instead of using SMS, and that seems to work fine on all three.

Sympro and Visto setup were quick and easy, and worked first time. Basejet's is a little more complicated, because there are duplicate settings that have to be made on both the desktop and handheld. It took me a couple of tries to get it working.

Sympro Tech Support responded promptly to my one support quesiton. Visto never responded. I haven't tried Basejet support yet.

Sympro and Visto are $99 a year. Sympro can also be had for $12.95 a month if you don't want to pay for a whole year up front. Basejet is only $45 for the first year (or $65 for 2 years), and $25 per year ($40 per two years) after that.

For me, it's come down to this: Basejet is by far the cheapest, and seems a bit more reliable at SMS notifications and automatic syncing. Sympro allows access to old emails stored in Outlook. I'm trying to decide if that's worth the extra money to me.

But all three have 30 day free trials. Give them a try and see which works best for you.

HTH,
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I also tried out Inbox to Go Wireless, from DataViz. It crashed on the handheld a couple of times, so I gave up on it. But they also have a free trial, so you might want to check it out.
    Bob Meyer
    follow up on Symmetry Pro -

I've been able to get the SMS new email notification to work reliably on AT&T. Didn't seem to work at first but I ended up rebooting my pc and logging out and back in on the Treo and since then it's worked fine.
    I have been using DataViz products:
    Wireless Inbox-to-go
    Beyond Contacts

I have been using both 24/7 for the last month and not had a lick of trouble from either.
    My company has been using Synchrologic (www.synchrologic.com) to remotely sync our PIM functions, and it has been working extremely well on the Treo 600 (but also works with other handhelds, which is important at my firm). Synchrologic was just acquired by Puma (who makes Intellisync), so the prospects for the product look good. It's a server based product, so the Sync is near real-time. I'd reccommend them highly.

BC
    BC
    Does synclogic allow you to access your inbox sub-folders?

It seems from synclogic's website that it "syncs" your treo. Is it just a wireless hot-sync, or does it have a real email client it uses etc. Does it sync your calandar to your treo calandar etc.

Thank You
    SymPro also has an option to forward mail only when your screen saver kicks in. Helpful to keep you from getting all your messages forwarded when you're already sitting at your desk.
    Bob Meyer
    Any one of these solutions FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) approved?
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Does synclogic allow you to access your inbox sub-folders?

It seems from synclogic's website that it "syncs" your treo. Is it just a wireless hot-sync, or does it have a real email client it uses etc. Does it sync your calandar to your treo calandar etc.

Thank You

My question for you would be, which products synch the sub folders ? This seems to be overlooked on many packages I've tried.

Thanks.