Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I am planning to get a treo600 for use in Scandinavia and have been lurking on this board for a month or so. After reading that the Cingular t6 were unlocked, I practically visited every darn store on manhattan this xmas where they were sold out

I am ordering it thru handspring.com for use with Cingular but need to re-confirm that they're (still) unlocked. There are unlocked ones from treostore.com but they cost 2x than the Cingular/Handspring.com option.

Could anyone shed some light over this issue?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Thanks... but it seems like a rip-off, as it's an offer too good to be true + they wanted excessive amount of credit details... was told by my credit card company that they would be put on monitoring and investigation.
    Kiteless,

I did check the site out, boy havent seen a nicer check out system than them, go to handspring and check out my norton security system gave me a warning that their site was not a secure site, but it is your money and I understand your fear, if you dont trust them dont
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    for the record i should probably add that the name of shopblt.com should be partially cleared:

the issue comes down to the fact that they, being a US-retailer, asked for a xeroxed copy of my credit card from me -- common practice i reckon for foreign customers.

... which my credit card issuer (the scandinavian branch of an american bank) bluntly refused and told me that if i faxed it, they would immediately cut my card as a violation of the card holders agreement, and keep me responsible for "whatever" happened to the account. + they started an investigation of their own towards BLT... did someone say there's a recession going on in the banking sector? "devil will find work for idle hands to do...."

yikes. after 3-4 calls, the BLT people called the card company and settled it w/o my involvement.

they didn't seem be used to people calling (no answer, followed by a call that was connected straight to a director) it seemed, yet superfriendly when i got thru.

lemme get back to you on this when/if i receive my t6 before the full verdict. a friend just hooked up on blackberry so i'm dying to get my hands on my t6 and win the cold war of mobile arms race....

on to next topic: t6 vs blackberry. classic or dud?
    Kiteless,

Did they advised on when or approximately the eta for the t6, I am also from overseas and was going to place my order, what stoped me was that it takes 10 days after placing the order for handspring to deliver, I have a t6 but from AT&T and locked.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    nope, but they "waivered" the delivery eta by stating "shipped directly from handspring" -- either way 10d is fine by me, as thru cingular i would have looked at something like 14d + delivery = 21 days

i'll post when i get it

cheers
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Just a quick update:

I ordered the Tr6 on 15th -- on 28th it was shipped from Handspring by EMS.

Which makes a total delivery time of 13 days + actual delivery

To Europe it should add up to a total of 18-20 days by post/EMS.

Although I should add I ordered the international/multilingual version.

The people of BLT were superb. I recommend them to anyone who don't want to get stuck in unlocking-hell

btw -- do i miss out on any network specific features? Orange UK feature own designed interface (which, like anything else by Orange, look incredibly cool). Any other apps that are exclusively T-mob/Cingular/AT+T or Orange only?
    Hello, did someone say they miss the Orange presets?

If someone is looking for an UNLOCKED Orange version of the Treo 600 send me an email at [email]cgo100doelrey@hotmail.com[email] I might be able to put you in the right track. In fact has anyone heard about a non QWE Treo 600? I might be able to help you locate those to.

Also if you have a US Treo, and would like to load the Orange optimized settings, including their default favorites also send me an email, since I might be able to help you with that problem. Actually, if you want to load any optimized version (cingular, At&t, orange, etc etc) send me an email, since I might be able to send you a patch to acomplish this.

I just purchased mine from a Cingular dealer, inserted my T-Mo SIM and was ready to go.

I confirmed with Cingular that all of their 600 units are factory unlocked. I paid $599 without a contract. The only evidence that it is a Cingular unit, is the splash screen which appears when you turn the wireless on.
    Thanks,

np
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Ordered on 15 january from BLT
    Shipped from LA on 28th
    Got it here on 13th february

Which means it took almost a month to get it

Also, the customs added almost 200 USD in VAT and taxes.

Which means it landed somewhere around 800 USD in total.

Worth every penny though. E-mail works fine, which is why got it in the first place. There seems to be millions of PalmOS software for it which I haven't bothered to discover yet.

The only post on the con side so far is the camera. Surely it must be a joke. It looks like 4 bit solution and the colours are oversaturated like you were on hallucinogenes.