Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    is it possible to access POP (non Sprint) email with the
    Treo 600 and Sprint service?

    I found nothing on this in the manual
  2. #2  
    Do a search. Sprint PCS Business Connection.
  3. #3  
    Business Conection suck IMO. Try Eudora for palm (free) or Snappermail (not free but worth evet penny).
  4. #4  
    To each his own....Works great for me.
  5. #5  
    I'll second SnapperMail. Sprint Business connection requires a stationary, always-on PC to work. Snappermail is a true POP3 e-mail application, and can send/receive from multiple accounts directly. It can even open attachments (if you have a supporting app that can open them.)

    It also will hotsync your folders if you ever completely drain the battery, which was an issue with my T300 (not so much with the T600, but good to know.)
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Varangian
    is it possible to access POP (non Sprint) email with the
    Treo 600 and Sprint service?

    I found nothing on this in the manual
    Yes. The mail agent on your Treo is a general purpose POP mail client. However, the POP server must be peer connected to the Internet and you must tell mail about it.

    From Apps (all) choose mail, press menu. Select View, Edit Accts. Select New. From the drop down menu that starts with AT&T Worldnet, choose your ISP (the program knows about these or Other (you will need the name or IP address of the server). Select Next.

    [Enter your full name, full email address, your mail server ID and password. Press Next or select the server tab. Enter the name of the POP mail server (e.g., pop.earthlink.net). Enter the name of the SMTP (eg. smtpauth.earthlink.net). Select the Advanced tab and enter the user ID, and if required, the password for the smtp server. Press next.]

    Your alternate service is now set up. Press Menu, select View, and select the network you wish to use.
  7. #7  
    Handspring made a special email program available on the website. It was a beta version but I've used it with no problems. I just set up the "POP" access to my yahoo and MSN accounts. I get a download every hours of mail from both accounts. Sending email out is just as easy. Just select which account you want the email to "exit" from. In my case the receiver will get my email from either my yahoo or MSN accounts. I tried the Business Connection software but in my opinion, I was more than I needed. I just wanted to receive and send from my phone. I can even add attachments like pics that I took on the phone or documents from the word processor, spreadsheet or data base software that came on the CD with the Treo 600.

    IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  8. #8  
    Originally posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    Handspring made a special email program available on the website. It was a beta version but I've used it with no problems. I just set up the "POP" access to my yahoo and MSN accounts. I get a download every hours of mail from both accounts. Sending email out is just as easy. Just select which account you want the email to "exit" from. In my case the receiver will get my email from either my yahoo or MSN accounts. I tried the Business Connection software but in my opinion, I was more than I needed. I just wanted to receive and send from my phone. I can even add attachments like pics that I took on the phone or documents from the word processor, spreadsheet or data base software that came on the CD with the Treo 600.

    IGO
    Just realized that this program does not ship with the Sprint version of the 600. One can download it at:

    http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH
  9.    #9  
    and what is the url for this?
  10. #10  
    Originally posted by Varangian
    and what is the url for this?
    The download of the HS Mail agent (that ships with the GSM phone but not the Sprint.)

    Since I do not have a Sprint phone, I really do not know how best to answer the question at the root of this thread. However, this program and my instructions answer it. I know that Sprint is good at getting e-mail from the enterprise but do not know how it is at POP. The root question suggests it may be a problem.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by whmurray


    The download of the HS Mail agent (that ships with the GSM phone but not the Sprint.)

    Since I do not have a Sprint phone, I really do not know how best to answer the question at the root of this thread. However, this program and my instructions answer it. I know that Sprint is good at getting e-mail from the enterprise but do not know how it is at POP. The root question suggests it may be a problem.
    The HS mail client works with POP accounts (yahoo, sbc, etc.) just fine including sprintpcs mail.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!

Posting Permissions