1.    #1  
    How do I disconnect from the Sprint Vision server (web) without turing wireless mode off.

Basically, after I am done checking a website I want to disconnect fron the web but keep the phone ON for incomming calls.

as far as I can see there is nothing in the manual that covers this.
    Don't have my phone with me, but I think what you are describing can be done from within the different apps.

For example, in Snappermail I remember that you can hit the slash key then the letter "i" to disconnect from the data network (it's also in the menus). This will cause it to "renegotiate" when you do a data connect again. Hope this helps.
    Why would you want to do this? You dont need to disconnect from Vision to get calls? Am I missing something?
  4.    #4  
    I'd think it would use more battery power to remain connected to the server, in addition I am not sure it Sprint would charge me more if I left the connection open. And then there is always hackers (kidding)
    I always just kick it back to the phone mode and assumed that that effectively ended the Vision session, since I can immediately place calls afterwards...?
    If you go into preferences in the main menu on the treo you can then go into network then hit disconnect on the bottom and you will be disconnected from the sprint vision service in less than 10 seconds. I know just how annoying it can be when you do not want to be somewhere on something. Especially when you paid many hundreds of dollars for it. It should do what you want it to do when you want it to.