1.    #1  
    I can't believe I just learned about this. I've had my Treo since October and just switched my Vision package to the BC so I could send photos.

It's is pretty cool enough that I was able to download and set up from work without having to have admin priveleges on my PC. I didn't have to configure anything! Cooler still that not only can I access work email from my Treo and at home on my Mac, or really anywhere with a web browser. But being able to access my work's networked drive is just totally amazing.

I don't know about other providers, but this alone makes Sprint the Treo service of choice. Although Sprint can be a nightmare, I was incredibly impressed by how cool this is. If you have a different Vision service, by all means try out BC instead. It cost me nothing extra to switch to that service.

God I love my Treo!
    Let us know how reliable it is in a couple of weeks. I had BC last year on my T300, and my desktop kept getting the RED icon, about every 2 weeks. Nothing would make it go away, except uninstalling/reinstalling, and then I would lose all my filed mail on my Treo. I finally gave up and started using SnapperMail and Doc-to-go.

If it's working better now, then maybe I should download and try it. I think I'm paying for it...
    Last edited by Raschied; 01/15/2004 at 02:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    It seems pretty stable now. I have been using for almost a month with little or no problems.
    I have lost connection twice over weekends, once when we had a poweroutage at work, and once when they were doing routine maintenence on the network and bounced the switch my PC was on. I even have to route through our hidiously unreliabe proxy server and it works fine (our proxy if famous for making you shut down and restart IE periodicly throughut the day, as well as make it impossible to get streaming audio or video over the internet due to proxy configuration issues, not security limitations)

I would highly recommend it for those looking for a "blackberry" like service for their corp email.

Even though I work in IS, and the firewall group is on one side and the mail group on the other, I needed no special permision to get this up and running. Basicly just a valid corp IP address on the PC with the software.
    Too bad it's not as easy when your work machine is a laptop, and when you're travelling, the machine you need to connect through is in a bag with you! Still, a pretty neat product if you've got an always-on connection and your network people don't force you to log out every night.
    Lets not forget that we can POP our other mail also on the BC, in addition to Outlook.
    I am a beta testing software for the company SEVEN which developed the Business Connect software. I have been using it since I got my 600 back in October, and have been extrememly impressed with its stability. I had installed the Sprint client and was having push issues for a week or two - they would take anywhere from 15 minutes to several hours to no push at all. That cleared up after that and ran pretty stable, then I started the beta test and have been getting my emails pushed on average of 2-5 minutes now. Very nice indeed.

I had the client on my 300 as well, but stopped using it earlier last year because the desktop client couldn't seem to stay connected, and my 300 often told me "Could not connect to desktop." With the new desktop client (both Sprint's version and this new beta), there is a place in the settings to enter an automatic configuration script, which is how I have Internet Explorer connect to the internet (work for a big company, routers that I couldn't imagine getting to and forwarding ports and opening security holes.)

I have also heard that they are working on wireless calendaring. Can't wait for that.
    Originally posted by grim02

I had the client on my 300 as well, but stopped using it earlier last year because the desktop client couldn't seem to stay connected, and my 300 often told me "Could not connect to desktop."
    After a hard reset caused by a lousy cable, I too had the dreaded "could not connect to desktop" error. Until then was working perfectly. Spent about 4 hours with Sprint to fix (includes two hours on hold) and Sprint finally had to delete my BC account and set up another for me. Works like a charm. I also get the "push" within a few minutes. Couldn't be happier. A great software product.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I'm a pretty happy user of BC for the past few months. My primary use is to access corporate email and files. Have had very few "crashes', just wish it would handle real attachments.

I have to work from home for a week and take my "always on" laptop with me; however I'd still like to access BC on my Treo 300 during that time. If I'm connecting to my company's server via a dial-up connection from home that week, will I still be able to use BC on my Treo?
    Another question - any easy way to install Sprint BC on a different computer from the one I hotsync to? I hotsync to my home system (where I run my part-time business) but I'd like to run BC on my system at my day job.
    I also have been using BC with my Treo 600. It works without fail for me. I can access servers at work from my Mac at home or my Treo 600. The compter at work is a PC and of course must stay on but no problems so far.

I do wish it could download an attachement and place in Docs To Go as Agendus does however.
    The Toad
    I like it but have found the client on the corporate machine unstable - it disconnects every few days (always when I am travelling of course). I have had to reset my BC on the Treo many times and recently had to to have Sprint re-initialize the Visions service.

I have a friend who likes BaseJet.

For now I am sticking with BC - wehn it works it works well and is cheap!.

One complaint - it does not let me open attachments on the Treo - I have installed the FIle add on, read the threads, etc. - no clue - Treo is supposed to have the base Dataviz support for Word, Excel but when I tap the flielisted after I tap the clip icon I do not get the preview button...any ideas?
    Originally posted by robotron

One complaint - it does not let me open attachments on the Treo - I have installed the FIle add on, read the threads, etc. - no clue - Treo is supposed to have the base Dataviz support for Word, Excel but when I tap the flielisted after I tap the clip icon I do not get the preview button...any ideas?
    BC does not support the viewing of word or excel documents through 3rd party software, which IMO is its major flaw. This is the reason I bought Inbox-to-go with Docs-to-go. Whenever I receive an email in BC that has an attachment I want to view, I simply exit BC, launch Inbox-to-go, it downloads the email with the attachment and then opens the attachment with Docs-to-go.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Update-BC seems to work fine on a dial-in connection. Tres cool.....