1.    #1  
    Am I crazy or is SMS up and running on the Sprint Network ???
    Thursday the 16th of Jan # 6:14am
    Originally posted by sleibow
    Now I know that California's in a different time zone than the east coast, but my calendar says it's Thursday the 15th here in Virginia!

Anyway, when I try to use the SMS app to send a message, I get a response that says "This service will be available soon."
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Ya, I think you're crazy.

Didn't work for me either. Same "Message NOT Sent. This service will be available soon..."
    Originally posted by sleibow
    I'll vote for you being crazy unless you tell us how you managed to jump into the future! It's the 15th right now and NewZealand will be the first country to see Thursday January 16th...

No SMS in Minnesota yet.
    From internal Sprint memo posted here:
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rticle&sid=337

SMS UPDATE
    As last reported in this publication on December 2nd, Sprint has been working on a new generation of text messageing useing the SMS standard. If there are no delays, the service is expected to begin testing next week in three markets: Kansas City, Columbus Ohio, columbia Missouri. If all goes well, the service will be rolling out to major markets quite soon thereafter, followed by all markets in the PCS coverage. While the service is in test, there could be some questions of customers or changes in the user experience until the service is fully launched, especially since Short Mail is still accessible on the two-way sms phones. Once the service is fully launches, the short mail link will be removed on the homepage of the new 2wsms- capible phones. We are currently working on an outline of complete scenarios for the customer as SMS rolls out, including billing ramifications during testing. stay tuned for more updates...

Most of our handsets going forward will support two-way SMS. Numerous handsets including the voice only Nokia 3588i, the Handspring Treo 600 and the Samsung A660 will launch prior the SMS service availibility but will have the SMS capability. Attempting to use the service before it has launched in a market net yet SMS-enabled will result in a explanatory "service coming soon" error message.
    recieved 2 sms messages today to my phone, and a few through wireless web, looks like they are starting to roll out in Boston.
    Originally posted by albertb
    recieved 2 sms messages today to my phone, and a few through wireless web, looks like they are starting to roll out in Boston.
    Anyone can recieve SMS messages via the Treo 600... Sending them is a different issue entirely.
    It appears SprintPCS has the 2-way SMS working at least in the Kansas City area. I just sent a message from my phone and received it back from my phone. Anyone else see it working?
    KC was one of the testing areas...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
  10. wwo
    sms working in Wichita KS
    just sent myself a message, but my friend in CA has not replied
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Originally posted by wwo
    sms working in Wichita KS
    just sent myself a message, but my friend in CA has not replied
    Is any one else experiencing problems with the treo600sms software? I tried texting a friend of mine but he never received the text. Have they updated the system yet?
    Last edited by hova; 01/23/2004 at 04:50 PM.
    I've been trying to send myself messages and they are not coming back to me. I emailed the folks at www.PDAAPPS.com . AS you probably know, their SMS program relies on Sprint's Shortmail system...which is now an "out-bound" text messaging interface only. I kinda figured that Treo600sms would stop working sooner or later. I will be waiting on their response today. I will forward the info that I get to this thread!!

IGO
    I think your right, my Emoticons are working with the OE SMS app. I still use the PDAapps SMS to send. But the emoticons never worked, now I can send and receive them, kinda neat. But one down side. I am getting Invalid Chunk Error Memory Manger Error Line 3XXX. I assume that they are trying to roll out the new Mo-SMS? ANyone else have their EMotioicons working?
    Thanks
  14. wwo
    I sent one message to myself yesterday, but now sms is not working. Is sprint's sms system up or down??
    When you say it's not working, you get an error saying that the service is unavialable and you will get a SMS when it is, or something else? Are you using Treo600SMS to send?

I still have to use the PDAapps TreoSMS to send, but were in the past where the Emoticons did nothing, they now work, both send and receiving. I can see them on the return SMS and people I send to see them now too.
    Hope this somewhat answers your question, Matt
    Got email from the PDAAPPS folks...They are aware of the issues about SMS. They stated that since SPrint has changed their way of messaging. TPDAAPPS has to change also.

Another tid bit...If you have Treo300/600sms and you wanna text yourself, you must add the extention (#######@Sprintpcs.com).
    Only after I did this, I was able to finally get my own messages back. Try sending a text message to another cell phone using their carrier's extension .You still have to keep Treo300/600SMS installed to send until Sprint fully releases MO-SMS.

IGO
    Even thought your 10digit numer@SprintPCS.com comes through as yournumber@messaging.sprintPCS.com, I have to use the full version to see my text.

I have always used the 10dig@messaging.SprintPCS.com and just tried 10dig@SprintPCS.com. It came thru as the 10dig@Messaging.SprintPCS.com, even though I use just the @SprintPCS.com. However the text is missing. I have to send with the 10dig@messaging.SprintPCS.com to see my text
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Hmmm.... my10dig@sprintpcs.com bounces back with "unknown or illegal alias". my10dig@messaging.sprintpcs.com has worked forever.
    SMS to/from Treo600 worked today. Not sure when it started. I did NOT get any message telling me it was now functional, I just happened to test it.