1.    #1  
    Not sure what happened - I thought I had gone into a bad cell area but since this afternoon no matter where I go in the city and what I do, my Treo 600 will show Sprint as the carrier but dialing any number, even PCS service at *2, results in a "network search..." in the bar and then it goes back to the dialpad.
    Something similar happened to me with my T300 in Chicago one time. Ran around all day looking for the network. Was resolved with a soft reset.

Best,
    --Mathew
  3.    #3  
    well I have tried a soft reset over and over. I have idea how to do a hard reset.
    Iíve had the same exact issue for the entire day as well. I did a Hard Reset which took care of the problem for meÖ
  5.    #5  
    that is strange, are you in Houston by any chance? A hard reset seems to have fixed it.
    Originally posted by wshenry
    that is strange, are you in Houston by any chance? A hard reset seems to have fixed it.
    Nope, I'm in NYC !!!
    so did u try a hard reset?
  8.    #8  
    It would be nice if Palm/Sprint would push a software update - operating on a 1.0 setup is painful anyway.
    Originally posted by wshenry
    It would be nice if Palm/Sprint would push a software update - operating on a 1.0 setup is painful anyway.
    How are you sure that this problem is caused by - Phone v.1.0 ?
    I just received my 3rd Treo... problem fixed

This last(2nd) one started up with the network search crap, and drove me up a wall. Try plugging it into power(cig or ac) and it will probably work ok. Doesnt make it very useful tho.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
  11.    #11  
    Did you have any problems getting the replacement units out of Sprint? Did you just go into the local service center and take care of it there? I am only really at day 15 of my service with them.
    I have been having the same "Network Search" issue in Dallas/Ft Worth area...although it seems to be also related to location, as I am not having the trouble at home tonight.

I spoke with Sprint Tech Support and looked at this discussion board and "Network Search" is a known problem on the Treo600 and the tech had an internal email directing customers to a sprint store for a software upgrade on the phone.
    Originally posted by BertEEbklyn

Nope, I'm in NYC !!!
    '

I had the same problem today in NYC too - and I'm using a Samsung n400 currently. A quick reseat of the battery cleared up the problem.
    I had my Treo 600 for about 4 weeks before I was unable to make/receive calls about 80% of the time. The phone would ring and then ... "Network Search"

I found that if the phone was plugged into a power supply it worked without problems. But this sort of defeated the purpose of having a cellular.

I went to the local sprint store to get a replacement unit...luckily the sales guy located one in a warehouse in another city. As he goes in back to fillout the return I turn around to look at the store. I notice two other people waiting for support on their phones. Care to guess what model the only 3 people in the store requiring support had??? And one particularly unhappy gentleman was on his 2nd unit after having replaced the 1st because of the "Network Search" problem

So, 48 hours later I pull up to the house to find a package at my doorstep. Damn quick replacement time. I take the replacement unit, which was clearly marked "Refurbished" by the way, to my local store and ask if they can activate it for me. The people are very friendly and have it activated in less than 5 minutes. I get in my car, plug everything up to top off the battery, and head home.

About 5 minutes after I get home my Treo rings. I hit answer and don't hear anything. Thinking I had a setting off or something I hit speakerphone and have my conversation and hang up. Then I begin playing with the phone to set everything up the way I had it before and go to check my voicemail. NOTHING....so I hit speakerphone again my messages are happlily droning on. Now I'm thinking this isn't a good sign. I try my headset and everything is perfect. Go back to just the handset and NOTHING. Can't hear a damn thing.

After a quick call to Sprint Customer Service I am informed that I will have to go to a local Sprint store to obtain a replacement unit. Needless to say, I was quite...umm...vocal...in my explanation that I had only had this unit for less than 3 hours !!!!

So, does this phone have what people want? Yes. That is evident to anyone who has tried to purchase one and been told that they are constantly back ordered. Is the Treo 600 ready for prime time. Most likely not. There appears to be an excessively high failure rate on the hardware.

But, I remain optimistic. Third time is a charm ya know.
  15.    #15  
    Well I went to the store, not sure about the software update wf in Texas mentioned, they instead tested it, it failed "big time" in their words. It did not even get to the second set of tests. So I now have another phone and it is working pretty darn well so far, speakerphone works, no network searchs etc.