Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    As most of us Sprint PCS people know, Sprint removed the ability for us to see call duration of each call we have in the call log. It has been discovered how to re-enable this feature. The method to get back call duration is buried in the ever growing "Let's Hack the Carrier Logo" thread. To make it easier to find, I thought I would start a new thread which includes the file needed and the simple instructions.

If you just want to keep your Sprint Carrier logo when you turn on and turn off the radio, but would like to have call duration as well, then just download the attached file and Hot Sync it to your Treo. It works best after you download and save the file, you open up the Palm instal tool and drag the file to add it.

If you installed one of the carrier logo hacks, you will need to delete it from your Treo for this to work. After you instal the file, you will have the original Sprint radio on and radio off logos, the envelop icon on the dial pad and (most importantly) call duration in the call log.

This fix will not survive a hard reset, but does survive a soft reset, so you may want to keep the file handy and backed-up.

Enjoy, but I guess I need to add a disclaimer of “use at your own risk” although no problems with it have yet been found.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jeff
    Good work!!
    This is been a needed feature since the T300. Do you think it would work on a T300 (not your PRC, but the work a round)?

Reagrds,Matt

I did mine with the Generic, unbranded Handspring files. I have the Tape reel icon. I wish i would leave the tape reel icon on the #1 button, but change the icon on top (when you have an voice mail) to back to the envelpoe, but I am sure they draw from the same bit map.

I wish there was a way to tag the PRC's better. With all of them having the same name "Phone_logo.PRC" it';s hard to keep them straight. BUt I know you have to rename it this to work.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Burkhardi
    Good work!!
    This is been a needed feature since the T300. Do you think it would work on a T300 (not your PRC, but the work a round)?

Reagrds,Matt
    I don't know. I suppose someone could try it with the T300 phone_SPCS file (if it exists). I no longer have my T300, so I can't experiment with it.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Great Job!

I really missed checking the "call duration" since I went from the visorphone to Treo 300. It is great to get back on the treo 600.

Best download of the week.

thanx
    I had to take it off. I don't know about anyone else, but when I am on a call and try to go to the keypad it does a reset. Deleted the file no reset, nice feature but still has bugs.
    can this be done to the treo 300? can someone try? i just hotsynced the file over & nothing...
    Originally posted by jayzee
    I don't know about anyone else, but when I am on a call and try to go to the keypad it does a reset.
    Installed it today and haven't had that problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my luck prevails.
    "There has always been a tension in conservatism between those who favor more liberty and those who want more morality. But what's indisputable is that Bush's 'compassionate conservatism' is a move toward the latter - the use of the government to impose and subsidize certain morals over others. He is fusing big government liberalism with religious right moralism. It's the nanny-state with more cash." -- www.AndrewSullivan.com
    This is awesome, thanx!
    Thats odd, it doesnt reset for me.

You must have something else messing stuff up...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by jayzee
    I had to take it off. I don't know about anyone else, but when I am on a call and try to go to the keypad it does a reset. Deleted the file no reset, nice feature but still has bugs.
    That's odd. I've been using it all day today and haven't had a problem. Even tried using the keypad while on a call without any reset. The funny thing is that although it has only been 24 hours, it seems that I have been having less resets (actually none) than usual.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    This is a great little application.

One other thing related to the phone & information available to us on the display that I've been hoping for is to see an indication of the number of voicemails waiting. Perhaps the envelope icon that appears when there is a voicemail could have the number of unheard voicemails shown next to it or superimposed on it.

Any programmers know if this is doable?

Along with the call duration feature, this would just about make everything perfect.
    What is the usage of the envelop in dial pad (number 1)? Thanks.
    One can set a "hot key" in the phone app to launch apps. It has to be setup. I use "C" for Calculator, "P" for Pocket tunes..etc

Voice mail is PreSet for the Number1 key "E". Press and hold it for 2 sec andvoice mail will laucnh
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Works great...thanks.
    this is SWEET!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Muchas Gracias to Jeff for distributing this!!
    Excellent! Just what I've been looking for!
    I am a little confused.could someone clarify how the call duration is displayed in the call log? the call duration is already available in the call log under the call details. somebody please enlighten me.
    Originally posted by jglev
    If you installed one of the carrier logo hacks, you will need to delete it from your Treo for this to work. After you instal the file, you will have the original Sprint radio on and radio off logos, the envelop icon on the dial pad and (most importantly) call duration in the call log.
    Do you know what modifications were applied to this phone.prc file to enable call durations?

I was working on bundling carrier logo's along with this hack and maybe other benificial modifications.
    i believe one of the threads on hacking either the dial pad or the logo will give you step by step instructions. it involves removing certain records from the phone_spcs file using prc edit. I did it myself following instructions in another post and it works fine. i also changed the logos and that works as well.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast