Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gyrfalcon

Do you know what modifications were applied to this phone.prc file to enable call durations?

I was working on bundling carrier logo's along with this hack and maybe other benificial modifications.
    The instructions were buried in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ight=Hack.html

To make it simpler and consolidated, I started this thread. Here are the instructions from the first thread:

1. To change the splash screen bitmaps, change the bitmaps in 6851 (for "welcome" screen) and 6861 (for "goodbye" screen). I changed them to the palmOne bitmaps on Treoessentials (as mentioned in a previous post, I pasted them into the 16 bit bitmaps and deleted the other bitmaps - 4 and 8 bit bitmaps, I think - on both).

2. Under "Misc" while viewing the file in PRCedit, "cut" everything under "ovly 1000". My guess is that some of this code is used to suppress the call duration information in the call log.

3. Save the new .prc file as Phone_LOGO (don't forget to change the name in the "PRC Name" field in PRCedit - this is the name displayed in Filez).

4. Hotsync and you're good to go.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by fatboy
    I am a little confused.could someone clarify how the call duration is displayed in the call log? the call duration is already available in the call log under the call details. somebody please enlighten me.
    Do you have a GSM Treo? Only the Sprint CDMA version does not have call duration in the log.
    Jeff
    I am a little confused.could someone clarify how the call duration is displayed in the call log? the call duration is already available in the call log under the call details. somebody please enlighten me.

I can only speak on behalf of the T600 CDMA owners, but the call Time maybe available (e.g. Time: 7:38 pm), however, the call Duration is not available until installing this application (e.g. Duration: 9 minutes, 22 seconds). Check it again and tell me if I'm wrong.
    the call duration time is available in the call details in the call log on my sprint cdma 600.
    With or W/O the updated file?
    without updated files
    the call duration time is available in the call details in the call log on my sprint cdma 600.
    I'm with you fatboy. I see it on my SPCS 600 also. Min. & sec.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?

What version is your Phone application, v1.0 or higher? I purchased my T600 from Handspring the evening they announced it was for sale and I'm using v1.0.
    I dont understand. I have sprint and I get call duration w/o any update. Its listed in the call log. I was hoping this would list the duration after the call ened for a brief period of time and then disappear. So what exactly does this do, cuz I like have a hack of the dial pad and carrier logo.
    All noobs click here
    Yup. I've got a Rev. B Sprint CDMA 600, and I've installed nothing to modify it; I've got call duration, too. Sample entry from the call log:

Name: John Doe
    Number: 205-555-1212
    Date: 1/14/04
    Time: 9:18am
    Duration: 0 minutes, 39 seconds
    Roaming: No

Must just be earlier releases that don't have it. Curious.
    Scott
    Originally posted by cadetstimpy
    Yup. I've got a Rev. B Sprint CDMA 600, and I've installed nothing to modify it; I've got call duration, too. Sample entry from the call log.
    Must just be earlier releases that don't have it. Curious.
    Maybe it only effects the Rev C. Treo 600's...

What timezone are you in perchance?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by gyrfalcon

Maybe it only effects the Rev C. Treo 600's...

What timezone are you in perchance?
    This is indeed very strange. I have a Rev B and my friend has Rev C (he got his from Handspring about a month after I got mine from Handspring). We both did not have call duration in our call log until we installed the hack. My software version is 1.0-SPR (not sure what software version my friend has, but I though it was the same). I am wondering if this has to do with either where you got your phone (Handspring or Sprint), or more likely, what software version you have on your phone. Could there have been an update to the software that we don't know about?
    Jeff
    Revision B
    Sprint 1.0

No duration info.

EST.
    I have REV B and software ver spr1.0. This is very interesting.
    All noobs click here
    My information and story seems to be the same as Jeff's. I've just sent an e-mail to Handsping inquiring about this issue and will post the reply when I hear something.
    I've always had call duration. Bought mine through Amazon.com in December.

Software Rev: Treo600-1.0-SPR
    Hardware Rev: C
    This is curious. I have a Rev. C Treo 600, software version 1.0-SPR and I know I didn't have call duration until I installed the updated file floating around here (kudos for that by the way!).

I wonder if maybe Sprint changed their minds and added it, or if there was some minor bug that caused it to not be available before?
    Alright, being that I wrote "Comet", one of the Treo call history utilities, here's the skinny....

All Treos (270, 300, 600) have the same Call History database. Among other things, there is a timestamp which marks the begining of the call, and a duration. This information is in all the call history databases.

The difference is in the application used to view that information. In non-Sprint Treo models, the duration may be being displayed in the built in call history viewer. In Sprint models, the duration is not displayed. Doen't mean it isn't there... the app was not written to display that info.

Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Bryan Nystrom
    Alright, being that I wrote "Comet", one of the Treo call history utilities, here's the skinny....

All Treos (270, 300, 600) have the same Call History database. Among other things, there is a timestamp which marks the begining of the call, and a duration. This information is in all the call history databases.

The difference is in the application used to view that information. In non-Sprint Treo models, the duration may be being displayed in the built in call history viewer. In Sprint models, the duration is not displayed. Doen't mean it isn't there... the app was not written to display that info.

Bryan Nystrom
    Natara Software, Inc.
    Yes, the information is there in the Sprint models, but Sprint doesn't let you see it. This doesn't explain why all of a sudden, some people with the Sprint version can see the call duration in the call log and others can't unless they install the hack.
    Jeff
    Originally posted by morduin
    I've always had call duration. Bought mine through Amazon.com in December.

Did you apply Phone_xxxx.prc to your phone? Call times are available, but the call duration is not...

I also purchased my phone through Amazon.com in December.

What time zone are you in morduin?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast