1.    #1  
    ****before you do this be sure you have you phone insured through your carrier. it is only a few bucks a month and you should do this anyway. *****

the easyiest way to void your warranty is to peal off your esn sticker. even if it falls off by accident your SOL.

another easy way is to loose any of your rubbler plugs.

if you scratch the anodizing on any of the screws under your plugs this also voids the warranty.

why would i do any and all of this? because my stupid handspring headphone adapter tip broke off inside the phone. sprint and handspring didnt want to deal with it and said my warranty was void anyway because my esn sticker had rubbed off so i should go through my replacement insurance. i figured that if i was going to do that i might as well try and fix it myself first. dont bother looking for a screw under the esn sticker. there are only 4 to take the case off and 4 plastic clips. 2 on each side. opened it up pushed the chunk through with a paper clip and back to jammin'
    -dave
    did you take any pics of it taken apart?
    would be interesting to see where the weak vibrator/silent alert mechanism is. perhaps it is something that can be replaced with a stronger one?
    please post pics
    All noobs click here
    Originally posted by hakaidaEP3
    ...would be interesting to see where the weak vibrator/silent alert mechanism is. perhaps it is something that can be replaced with a stronger one?
    You're not one of those Treo users carries it in your front pocket are you?
    Originally posted by gyrfalcon

You're not one of those Treo users carries it in your front pocket are you?
    ha! well even if i did, it still doesnt do enough to make anyone smile!
  6.    #6  
    I am really sorry i did not take pics. it was a rush job at work and my camera is at home. maybe i could have used the crappy treo cam and a mirror but i didnt think of that in time. if the vibrator is what i think it is then it looked to have an adjustment on it. if that is just some kind of fancy pot then the vibrator is probably encased in the battery. i was just happy humpty dumpty worked when put back together again. maybe if there is enough interest i will dig back into it and take pics.
    i sure am interested!
    besides... you would be the first (i think) to take this thing apart and show whats under the sleek casing!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    We want pictures, we want pictures!
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    You can find pictures here

Parlez-vous fran├žais?
    wow! i cant see anthing that would be the vibrator... maybe it is attached to the battery!
    My guess is that the vibrator is the thing with two contacts just above the sync slot (on the mainly empty piece).
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    so u think its under the pcb?
    The vibrating motor is the small cylinder with the two contacts just below the mic in the first photo. It's mounted to the back side of the case when the unit is opened. I had to open mine Christmas day after some flying cranberry sauce (don't ask) found it's way into the mic hole of my Treo.

These little vibrating devices seem to use an offset rubber cam mounted to the motor shaft. Looks to me the only way to adjust would be to change out the cam or the motor.
    73 de K3SLS