1.    #1  
    Has anyone with a Cingular T600 on Tmobile tried to get firmware 2.05 from Tmobile? Im just wondering if there is an improvement on anything...
  2.    #2  
    Just thought i'd try to ask this question again since no one responded...
    Originally posted by hakaidaEP3
    Just thought i'd try to ask this question again since no one responded...
    Hakaida, I had 2.02, and just recently did the firmware upgrade to 2.08, and then to 2.09. There have been reports that it improves the voice quality, data speeds, and also fixes the bug with a loud screeching noise when dialing. Let me know if you are interested in the corresponding links.
    May the G4ce be with you
    I've already got 2.09. Why would I want to go backwards?
  5.    #5  
    The reason i ask is that the firmware for 2.09 is a international unsupported version. I am guessing Tmobile is using a tweaked version for their network in 2.05.

I am leary of putting the 2.09 update on my phone since I am not having any problems with it.
    The reason i ask is that the firmware for 2.09 is a international unsupported version. I am guessing Tmobile is using a tweaked version for their network in 2.05.

I am leary of putting the 2.09 update on my phone since I am not having any problems with it.
    I wasn't having problems either, but performance has improved - better download speed and now I have coverage in my office.
    Where do you get T-Mobile's 2.05 version from?
    Treo 600 GSM
    Yeah, when and how did you get that from Tmobile?
  9.    #9  
    I dont have it.

Im asking if anyone got it from Tmobile directly.
    This may sound kinda stupid, but why do you want to risk creating a $600 paperweight by upgrading firmware if you aren't having problems?!?
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
    I upgraded to 2.08 because I was having the echo & screech problems. Upgrading seems to have fixed it for me but YMMV.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by jskier

This may sound kinda stupid, but why do you want to risk creating a $600 paperweight by upgrading firmware if you aren't having problems?!?
    If it ain't broken, don't fix it!
    I upgraded to 2.08 because I was having the echo & screech problems. Upgrading seems to have fixed it for me but YMMV.
    Um DOH!
    This is why I posted this question. Im not an *****.
    Originally posted by zgraff
    Where do you get T-Mobile's 2.05 version from?
    My phone - purchased directly from T-Mobile as a new corporate account - came with 2.05:

Firmware 02.05
    Software: Treo600-1.08-INT
    Hardware: B
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Mine is 2.02 B

Does anyone have an updated Cingular version?

The sound is BAD on mine ... would love to think a SW upgrade would do it.
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    I have Cingular and upgraded to the 2.08 and then 2.09 Intl firmware. Data speeds are quicker. I did not have the original sound issues, so I cannot comment on that.

The 2.09 upgrade has worked fine with no problems a couple weeks now. I only lost the branded pictures (the orange cingular logo) ie.. "Jack"

I had a conversation with a data guy at Cingular and they did not have a problem with me installing the Intl firmware upgrade. They have no plans at this time to release an upgrade to their branded firmware.
    How do I do it? I got my T600 from a corp accts rep - the Cingular storesin Houston don't have them...in fact the rep says they only got the initial shipment - all sold out now.

I want to upgrade! MovieGenie! How do I make it happen?
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Check out this thread.
    Mol has a link in there to download it. I'm not sure if the link is still active.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...9&pagenumber=3

Also in that thread are some instructions. You should read them before starting.
    I did my upgrade via an SD card.
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss

Hakaida, I had 2.02, and just recently did the firmware upgrade to 2.08, and then to 2.09. There have been reports that it improves the voice quality, data speeds, and also fixes the bug with a loud screeching noise when dialing. Let me know if you are interested in the corresponding links.
    Scorpiusss: Handspring denied that there was any update to the firmware when i called today. Where did you get 2.09? Can you provide the link? THanks
    I upgraded my GSM (purchased in Singapore) to 2.08 (using TMo here in Houston) and have noticed a DEFINITE increase in data speeds. Architect, I would feel comfortable installing the latest firmware that's floating on Treocentral.

And strangely, a CSR from HS denied any firmware upgrades. I downloaded mine, along with the instruction, from the thread Mol originaly posted a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with my "new" performance.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by MovieGene
    I have Cingular and upgraded to the 2.08 and then 2.09 Intl firmware. Data speeds are quicker. I did not have the original sound issues, so I cannot comment on that.

The 2.09 upgrade has worked fine with no problems a couple weeks now. I only lost the branded pictures (the orange cingular logo) ie.. "Jack"

I had a conversation with a data guy at Cingular and they did not have a problem with me installing the Intl firmware upgrade. They have no plans at this time to release an upgrade to their branded firmware.
    [/QUOTE

Do you get these firmware upgrades from the provider or Handspring?
    Originally posted by Rudegar B

Scorpiusss: Handspring denied that there was any update to the firmware when i called today. Where did you get 2.09? Can you provide the link? THanks
    Rudegar,I did it from the link above I think. I'm posting from my Treo now, so I'm a little limited.Alternatively,ifu install the patch that Mol posted, that'll bring you to 2.09 too.Let me know if you need any help!
    May the G4ce be with you