Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's a great thread on the Kyocera 7135 over at pdaphonehome.com about things that annoy current users of the phone. I figured it might be helpful to go through that with the T600 too.

First, some ground rules:

1) I see no reason to include current lack of features. Ie, 500 posts saying "I want bluetooth" or "low-res screen" won't help anyone. We know it doesn't have those things. Be a trooper. Come up with something less obvious.

2) Emphasis on bugs, deficiencies, and nuisances in the current implementations of hardware/software.

3) Be constructive. The point of this thread isn't to tear down the Treo or its users. It's to point out problems that may or may not be obvious to current and future users.

Having started the thread, I'll start...

There's a bug where you can't (easily) answer a call that does not have caller ID information if you have more than 5,000 contacts in the contacts DB.

Current work around is to put some contacts into a separate db, but that sucks for me. I'm a realtor and I have the contact info of about 6k agents in my area loaded on my palm. Pairing that down is no easy feat... How should I know who will list or sell a house I or my client is interested in?

Also, the design of the ear-piece plug bothers me. Why not use a standard 1/8" jack? And why not put enough connectors in the plug so you don't have to multiplex the signal for mp3 output and headset output/input? One extra line on the plug and it would have been trivial to make a stereo headset with microphone so we can easily listen to mp3's and take calls on one headset.

So what annoys you?

Jeff
    This has been discussed a lot but one of the biggest things that annoys me about my Treo is the sound bug that occurs all the time. I know the fix is to do a soft reset but that is just way too annoying when the bug happens all the time. I wish some software application could be developed that would fix the problem without requiring a soft reset.

Another gripe I have with the Treo is the inability to make calls directly from the calendar. It seems to me that phone number should be treated as "links" and when I highlight them I should be able to make a call. Yes, I know you can copy/paste the number but that is a pain.
    Originally posted by neotope

Another gripe I have with the Treo is the inability to make calls directly from the calendar. It seems to me that phone number should be treated as "links" and when I highlight them I should be able to make a call. Yes, I know you can copy/paste the number but that is a pain.
    get agendus from handango.com its a nifty upgrade for the treos lackluster calendar that includes integratioin with contact and phone functions.
    calling from DateBk5 works also
    A few things comes to mind:

1) Clipboard limit of 1024 bytes.

2) key backlights that turns off on you when you need them at night while you are typing.

3) Blazer that when I hit backspace reloads the page (which takes time) instead of refreshing it from cache (which should be instant)
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    2) key backlights that turns off on you when you need them at night while you are typing.

Turn on the night mode by pressing the silver key and "P"... That should get rid of one of your complaints.
    vibrate sucks.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Better battery life would be nice.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    As others suggested, should be able to highlight any phone number or web link, anywhere, and dial/navigate to it.

Ringers should be louder.

When you receive a page, the display shows only the person's name (if they are in your address book). Most people have multiple numbers, so the display should show the NUMBER that called in addition to the name. Right now you have to navigate through several clicks to find the right number.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My recent experience (detailed in this thread ) has highlighted the fact that it's impossible to access the virtual keyboard in many situations. The virtual keyboard should be available any time text entry is necessary.
    Why do you need a virtual keyboard?
    Originally posted by Rendition
    Why do you need a virtual keyboard?
    Did you even read the thread I mentioned in my post?

If my physical keyboard were working correctly, I wouldn't need the virtual keyboard. Since my physical keyboard seems to be toast, the virtual keyboard is my only option until my Treo 600 replacement arrives. Without the virtual keyboard, I can't enter URLs in Blazer, or passwords on my Blazer sites that require authentication, or unlock my Treo when it auto-locks, or... you get the point.
    My number 1 complaint is low availability.

It seems that of the early units, many have had to be replaced due to the 'yellow dot' on the screen.

Beyond that, P1 seems unable to ramp up fast enough to meet demand. Even with the carriers that do have the 600 on their roster, many seem to have multi-week delays in shipments.

Oh well, I've waited this long....
    "I'm gonna get me a egg."
    Put the headphone jack on the TOP of the phone next time!
    Originally posted by dstrauss
    Put the headphone jack on the TOP of the phone next time!
    I second this! What a pain... especially when you have the headphone adapter attached.
    My #1 annoyance is Sprint Customer Service. Why can't Nextel have the Treo?
    How about have normal extra headphone jack. Using the bulky connector isn't fun.
    The lack of a Graffitti area, not so much for writing but in some apps a tap on the area is needed for certain controls (the game Serious Sam comes to mind and there are others). There should also be a jog dial on the side(I know TreoButler allows these buttons to be remapped for scrolling but that is a poor substitute for a jog dial).
    My big complaint as mentioned before in many other threads is lack of voice dialing. Voice memo would also be cool. I know they are talking of maybe implementing this stuff later but why make us wait.

As an aside, I see many many people complaing about Sprint Customer Service or lack thereof. In the 6 1/2 years I have been a SPCS customer I think I have called CS maybe 15 times and have had no real issues with service. I just have to wonder why is it so bad? And what compels all these people to call CS so much that they can say it's bad? Have never understood what all the *****ing is about.

Woof
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    1) High cost ($600)
    2) No voice dialing
    3) Weak vibrating ringer
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast