Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41  
    Great lists here...

    1- Low ringer volume and weak vibrate
    2- no voice recording or voice activated calling
    3- Can't dial a phone number while on a call (makes it impossible to dial calling card codes from a contact entry after calling the calling card company - I know Takephone does this but still)
    4- No display options for contacts list (It would greately benefit from some basic text/color formatting - this is a Palm device dammit)
    5- Super-crappy camera
    6- no software control over camera picture quality
    7- ill-fitting SD card that keeps popping out
    8- Can't dial from calendar or text selections out of the box (I know about Agendus)
    9- No stylus-less text selection
    10- No cradle
    11- No headphone jack

    But I do love my Treo 600 to death, despite these problems.
  2. #42  
    Originally posted by NSiNSiNSi
    Great lists here...

    3- Can't dial a phone number while on a call (makes it impossible to dial calling card codes from a contact entry after calling the calling card company - I know Takephone does this but still)

    11- No headphone jack

    But I do love my Treo 600 to death, despite these problems.
    Solution for #3, you have 2 options. 1) use the silver "NUMBER" keys on the keyboard to enter the aditional numbers while you are in a call. 2) Drop Down Menu "Views" and choose "Dial Pad" and you have the on screen dial pad w/ number view (In other words you can also see the #'s you type)

    Solution for #3 (Sort of). You can get an adapter for $3.99 instead of the MSRP of $9.99 from Radio Shack! Just get part # 274-373 and you will be all set. (Only down side is that it is straight, but for the price...) Works for me.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  3. #43  
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

    Solution for #3, you have 2 options. 1) use the silver "NUMBER" keys on the keyboard to enter the aditional numbers while you are in a call. 2) Drop Down Menu "Views" and choose "Dial Pad" and you have the on screen dial pad w/ number view (In other words you can also see the #'s you type)
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I was referring to the ability to actually dial the number from a contact listing or any other stored record. For example, when calling my callign card system, I have to dial the 1800 number (1800 xxx xxxx), then my calling card accoutn number (xxx xxx xxxx xxxx) and then the number I wish to call (generally something like (xxx xxx xx xxx xxxx). That's a lot of numbers to remember and dial. It's much, much faster if you could simply select the numbers from a record and have the treo dial them in for you.

    Solution for #3 (Sort of). You can get an adapter for $3.99 instead of the MSRP of $9.99 from Radio Shack! Just get part # 274-373 and you will be all set. (Only down side is that it is straight, but for the price...) Works for me.
    Yeah, I guess I forgot to point out that I meant "no built-in headphone adapter"
  4. #44  
    Originally posted by ProDucer


    You can turn off the N American dialing preference. SMS sends a notice when you get a SMS, although it does display the message, which is stupid. The conference call thing pisses me off a lot, wtf were they thinking and it needs to be fixed. I demand it.

    Ettore, what exactly do you mean by "Hide calling ID"? I do not have this setting.

    I also find the shortcut command very annoying. Type S then alt then scroll down select the :shortcut: then type the letter for the shortcut, they should have just given a shortcut key or make it option menu. Sprint's network is annoying cuz I miss calls all the time due to the inability to surf and dial. There is plenty more to complain about.
    I know I can turn off N American Dialing Preferences, but I live in Italy why I have this silly menu (btw what it does ?)

    About SMS I mean you can ask for a delivery receipt, but Treo600 lacks the options (almost every other phone has it).

    About Hiding calling ID, in Europe it is your right to not show your own number to the called party, so there is a feature to call as anonymous. You can set this on a per call base, my gsm Treo has a checkbox to select "hide my number" but every time you switch off the phone it mantains the checkbox checked but doesn.t hide the id anymore.
    Ciao

    Ettore
  5. #45  
    Originally posted by Kanuck
    This has been mentioned in other threads but I never found a solution and I don't know enough about web browsers to figure it out. When Blazer 3.0 goes to a page that is designed for viewing by mobile phones, the page thinks that it is being accessed by a full-scale browser and redirects Blazer to the much bigger version of the same page. So, you end up downloading way more info than you want. Shouldn't Blazer have an option that lets the user change the way it identifies itself? Is there a browser that does this? For example, if you try to go to mobile.aircanada.ca to check a flight time, you get redirected to a version with all kinds of frames, graphics, and text. On a mobile phone, or with the browser on my Treo 180, you got a highly slimmed-down version.
    Kanuck,

    Contact the site. the site isn't identifying blazer correctly I would surmize.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6. #46  
    Most of the text-entry tool omissions by Handspring are addressed with apps like KeyCaps600, Textras, TextPlus, but the lack of a text-select tool is driving many of us nuts. A few of the Sony Clies have it, etc., and we're trying to do something about it for our Treo 600s. It's called TreoSelecText. Please check out this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...selectext.html and join us!'
    Last edited by elysian9; 01/16/2004 at 06:42 PM.
  7. ERicJ's Avatar
    Posts
    758 Posts
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    #47  
    Originally posted by Tavisjohn

    11) There is no option to have the Wireless phone to automatically turn on after a soft reboot
    Check out Radio Control

    ERic
  8. #48  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Most of the text-entry tool omissions by Handspring are addressed with apps like KeyCaps600, Textras, TextPlus, but the lack of a text-select tool is driving many of us nuts. A few of the Sony Clies have it, etc., and we're trying to do something about it for our Treo 600s. It's called TreoSelecText. Please check out this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/t.../-t45965/s.html and join us!'
    i agree that it is very frustrating to have to use the stylus to have to highlight any text before i can cut/copy/paste. what is the point of having this really cool 5-waynav button if we still have to also use the stylus to perform very basic functions? some sort of app where we could get the ability to highlight text without using the stylus would be great. and this is one thing that we don't just need to complain about...in the thread you refer to above people are trying to actually do something proactive and make a solution.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  9. #49  
    Originally posted by southbound747


    i agree that it is very frustrating to have to use the stylus to have to highlight any text before i can cut/copy/paste. what is the point of having this really cool 5-waynav button if we still have to also use the stylus to perform very basic functions? some sort of app where we could get the ability to highlight text without using the stylus would be great. and this is one thing that we don't just need to complain about...in the thread you refer to above people are trying to actually do something proactive and make a solution.
    That thread is at http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...selectext.html
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions