Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big problems for me:

1. Audio stops working after a while for some programs.
    2. If I try to use network date & time, it puts me in the wrong time zone - but gives me local time! So, when it's 7PM here, it claims to be 7PM... but it claims to be one time zone over.
    3. Sprint is unable to keep Vision working, lots of error 67 stuff.
    i generally love my treo. my biggest complaint tho is that i wish i didn't need to use the sylus....particularly to cut/paste etc. i'd like to be able to easlily/quickly highlight text to manipulate one way or the other. there is a current thread dealing with just this. an attempt to entice a developer to write an app to do this is being made. a sort of reward is being offered by interested users. please think about contributing something if you too would like to see this happen...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    I'd like to see the calendar integrated with the phone, so I can silence the ringer for the duration of certain events. There's a program called SoundManager that does this for alarms, but not the phone. (I've emailed the developer to see if he has any interest in modifying the program.)
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    My complaints:

1. Vibrate function is too weak.

2. Lack of support for QCPs (like other SPCS Vision phones).

3. Needs a stronger MIDI instrument library. Why are some instruments louder than others? This nearly kills the ability to download ringers.

4. Lack of support for Java (J2ME) applets (like on other SPCS phones).

5. Overall qualit control. This is my 3rd Treo in a lil over 2 months.

6. 3way support!!!
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 01/15/2004 at 02:07 AM.
    All in all I am quite pleased with my Treo 600, but just in case Jeff Hawkins is reading, here's my list of things to fix in the next update:
    1) Screeching at start of calls
    2) People can't hear you for the first couple of seconds of a call
    3) Having to press 2 buttons to unlock the phone rather than one. Unlocking should occur if you press the center button twice in a row.
    4) Accidental answering of calls when I remove from pocket
    5) Impossible to drop the call you are making when you also answer an incoming call at the same time (e.g. say you are listening to voicemail when someone calls you).
    6) Weak vibrate
    7) Blue dots on the camera to the point of it being unusable
    8) Sometimes doesn't ring when I call it, even when I have a good signal (4 bars).
    9) "Add contact" function from call log doesn't put a "+" in front of a number so that it works internationally.
    10) Blazer seems to load a large amount of a page before it actually gets around to rendering any of it.
    11) Blazer - no key presses allow you to go forward and backward between pages without reloading the whole page.
    12) Blazer - Scrollbars don't work until the whole page has been loaded.
    13) Blazer - No way to open up multiple windows. In Internet Explorer, this is a useful feature since you can get a few windows that you are interested in busy loading in the background whilst you read the first page that has loaded.
    14) Blazer - Sometimes it is impossible to navigate to the window you want to get to because some popup window opens up and displaces the one you really want.
    15) Blazer - With "Add Bookmark", by default the bookmark name is the URL. In IE, the default would be to use the description field which is generally the better (human readable) choice.
    16) Calendar - When you change timezone, your meeting times in the calendar do not adjust to the new timezone. So if I go from New York to London, I get notified 5 hours early for each meeting!
    17) No decent solution for getting Corporate Lotus Notes email (although I'm hoping that plans to port the Blackberry software over to the Treo will solve this).
    In the SMS app, lacks an option to be notified about the message has been received.

When doing multiple calls and using conference (up to 5 parties) lacks the ability to extract one partner from the conference to have a private talk (every Nokia has it)

In the MMS app there is a bug: outbox and draft folders are exchanged (if I save a message before sending it it goes in the outbox folder, and vice versa). (perhaps you in the USA don't even have MMS)

the phone graphic sicks

why just 50 picture contact and not every contact in the Db (especially now that Outlook contacts have a Photo tag)

In the phone app a bug doesn't keep the setting for "Hide calling ID": every time you switch off the phone the option remains setted in the menu but your number is sent in any call.

I have an Italian GSM not locked and here it's worth 900 (perhaps too much)

An useless dialing preference menu: automatic composition for north america!!!
    Ciao

Ettore
    Here is what I have noticed is lacking/missing/wrong with the Treo 600

1) Lack of Voice Recorder (Nearly all other OS5 devices have it)
    2) Support for PCM ringers (I moved from a Keycera 6035, and it ONLY supported PCM ringers, having both would be cool)
    3) The lack of a removable battery, All other Cell Phones have a removeable batteries, if the battery compleatly dies, I want to be able to just put a new battery in it.
    4) Java Support is not included, you have to purchase it seperatly.
    5) The inability to use it as a wireless modem out of the box. (Again a leftover want/use that the Keyocera 6035 had)
    6) Lack of a Scroll Wheel, I have gotten soo used to this from my Sony NR70V & Keycera 6035, that I find myself changing the volume of my ringer instead.
    7) Location of the headset plug is horriable, I would prefer it to be on the oposit side of the phone from the volume buttons, near the top of the phone. (Prehaps 2 plugs, 1 for a headset, and another for stereo headphones.)
    8) Included slpicase is useless, there is no beltclip. It is garbage, why bother.
    9) The included hands-free headset is garbage, why bother?
    10) Lack of a HotSync Cradle in the box. (I have been spoiled by all my other PDA's)
    11) There is no option to have the Wireless phone to automatically turn on after a soft reboot

Now all that said, there are several things that I like about the phone, However I'll get to that in another thread.
    Originally posted by Ettore
    In the SMS app, lacks an option to be notified about the message has been received.

When doing multiple calls and using conference (up to 5 parties) lacks the ability to extract one partner from the conference to have a private talk (every Nokia has it)

In the phone app a bug doesn't keep the setting for "Hide calling ID": every time you switch off the phone the option remains setted in the menu but your number is sent in any call.
    You can turn off the N American dialing preference. SMS sends a notice when you get a SMS, although it does display the message, which is stupid. The conference call thing pisses me off a lot, wtf were they thinking and it needs to be fixed. I demand it.

Ettore, what exactly do you mean by "Hide calling ID"? I do not have this setting.

I also find the shortcut command very annoying. Type S then alt then scroll down select the :shortcut: then type the letter for the shortcut, they should have just given a shortcut key or make it option menu. Sprint's network is annoying cuz I miss calls all the time due to the inability to surf and dial. There is plenty more to complain about.
    All noobs click here
    Originally posted by newtreouser
    A few things comes to mind:
    1) Clipboard limit of 1024 bytes.
    <snip>
    I don't know if this is friendly to the Treo 600, but can confirm that it works beautifully on an OS5 TG50. Specs listed include lo-res as well >>> CutPaste, bumps it up to 32kb limit, freebie.
    Shortie: http://snipurl.com/3uji

Note: I suspect T600 has a keyboard combo to trigger the shortcut feature (TG50 = Control-T). Or, if you've loaded the free Graffiti Anywhere, a bottom left to top right swipe will also open the shortcut doohickey. When the bottom shortcut menu opens, you'll see two sets of icons representing copy/cut/paste. The first set = CutPaste. Mechanically, you first highlight the desired text. Next, open shortcut menu, then tap the first copy or cut icon. A quick message will pop up, telling you the number of characters now in the special clipboard. After landing wherever you want to "paste" it, open the same shortcut bar, and tap the first "paste" icon.

Nice plus-- if something else was previously sent to the native clipboard, it will be available for pasting via the regular paste command, be it from the top menu bar, the shortcut SECOND paste icon, or the special key-combo.

Worth a look-see, but as always, back up first to play it safe. FWIW, one of the most stable apps I've encountered in years!
    Stupid space bar that auto answers the phone when its in the case.
    Originally posted by jimmyk001
    Stupid space bar that auto answers the phone when its in the case.
    Ditto that!
    here's and EASY gripe to fix: No clock during phone conversation.
    How many times do you make plans on the phone, and need to check the time. There is all that valuable screen realestate sitting there doing nothing.
    Originally posted by Varangian
    There is all that valuable screen realestate sitting there doing nothing.
    What real estate? You should turn the screen OFF to conserve battery power.....
    First things first. I LOVE my Treo 600.

One thing that surprised me and BUGS me is the placement of the shift key...it's in an unatural location. It should be where the Option key was placed... that would be a more natural mapping compared to a regular keyboard. Given all the attention to detail and usability of the keyboard / keys etc. I think they totally missed this.
    Originally posted by Varangian
    here's and EASY gripe to fix: No clock during phone conversation.
    How many times do you make plans on the phone, and need to check the time. There is all that valuable screen realestate sitting there doing nothing.
    ClockPop 5. Find it at Palmgear.
    I am completely annoyed by the idiotic space bar answer "feature".

I will instantly register any program that can kill it once and for all.

GM
    This has been mentioned in other threads but I never found a solution and I don't know enough about web browsers to figure it out. When Blazer 3.0 goes to a page that is designed for viewing by mobile phones, the page thinks that it is being accessed by a full-scale browser and redirects Blazer to the much bigger version of the same page. So, you end up downloading way more info than you want. Shouldn't Blazer have an option that lets the user change the way it identifies itself? Is there a browser that does this? For example, if you try to go to mobile.aircanada.ca to check a flight time, you get redirected to a version with all kinds of frames, graphics, and text. On a mobile phone, or with the browser on my Treo 180, you got a highly slimmed-down version.
    SD card popping out all the time (I know you can cut it).
    1) High cost ($600)
    $600 is a bit high.

...but $250 isn't bad gotta love amazon.com
    Last edited by WillH; 01/15/2004 at 09:59 PM.
    Will
    1. Sprint Vision implosions: I hit send/recv on Visto (treomail) and it instantly returns. I know that means "I'm horked again". Almost always that means blazer will say for any page "The URL cannot be loaded". 2/3 of the time a soft reset fixes it. This happens almost every day.

2. Missing calls due to active data transfers.

3. Barcode sticker with serno etc peeling off back

4. Blazer 1Mb page limit

5. Can't send mp3 links to PTunes or zip files to flyzip

6. audible.com player gets crazy distortion if I load another app during playback.

That's not to say it's not in my top 5 inanimate nouns, of course. I really dig it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast