1.    #1  
    The Handspring website links this: http://mididb.com/

It says that ringtones will be automatically added to my ring list. However this is not working. It says I can only put it on a memory card.

It seems to me that it should go into the ringtone database like Handspring says. Does anyone know how to get ringtones to work.

I really appreciate all your help!
    Hi, to use midi ringtones, you have to download them directly to your treo, or email them to yourself. When you open the atachement, it is placed in the ringtone dbase.

Good luck
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the help!

When you sya download directly to the Treo do you mean that I need to go to the site from my Treo phone?

Sorry for the dumb questions - I am new at this.

I tried and saved it to my PC and then used the Install function on the Palm software.

If it is not too much trouble would you mind detailing the procedure for me.

Thanks again! I really appreciate it!
    Help!!! I have tried that 3 times. It downloads .. It Adds.. and then it plays NOTHING... No Sound at all.. Plus when you download it makes the screen go kinda wavy.

Help????
    Yeah, if you go to the website containing the ringtone files, you can click on any of the songs with .mid extention to save it directly to your Treo's ringtone list. I don't think you can transfer ringtone using hotsync. If you have ringtones on your PC, you can email it to your web email account (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc) and use your Treo browser to access your web email account.
    Help!!! I have tried that 3 times. It downloads .. It Adds.. and then it plays NOTHING... No Sound at all.. Plus when you download it makes the screen go kinda wavy.

Help????
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I bought an infrared adapter for my computer. Now whenever I want to add a midi ringtone, all I have to do is put my Treo in front of it, then I window appears and asks me what files do I want to transfer. I choose the ringer and then my Treo installs it automatically.

USB Infrared Adapter

Im using Windows XP.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
    Originally posted by gatreo600
    I am not sure about the wavy part. I am not sure, but I don't think it actually play the ringtone even if you picked Open.. it just saved it. Have you tried to open up the Ringtone Manager and see if the ringtone you saved is in there?
    mp3/ogg and wave ringtones coming soon.

visit www.toysoft.ca for release date.
    The MIDI files do not play right away. When you choose the SAVE option it just SAVES it to the internal memory.
    If you have another Palm with a removeable memory card you can put the MIDI files on the memory card and then BEAM them from the memory card directly to your T600. ALSO you can copy the MIDI files to an SD card using a card reader, then you put the card reader in your T600. All that is left is to copy the MIDI files from the memory card directly to your main memory. POOF you are all done. It is THAT easy!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I use this as an alternative:

I Dl the files to my desktop, then from my desktop I e-mail them to myself. I use my Treo to fetch my mail, I download the attachements and tap on them. Now it says: save to card or save to ringtones. I use Snappermail. Works fine for me.
    This site:
    http://www.sprintusers.com/focus/
    allows you to send files from your computer to your phone quite easily. Great for sending midis and jpegs.