1.    #1  
    I've just been testing Trafficstat on my Treo 600 and I'm a bit alarmed by the size of it's database.

After five days Trafficstat shows that there's been 583k of GPRS data traffic. When I checked the size of the Trafficstat database with the file manager of ZLauncher it was 424k, which strikes me as scarily big for the relatively small amount of data traffic recorded.

How big does this thing get?
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Well after 1169KB of data uploaded/downloaded, my "TrafficStat Data" measures only 4KB. Try using Filez and see if you get a different reading.
    I agree. 32423Kb and the database size is 11k.

cash70
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    2265 k GPRS data, TrafficStat database size 205 k (Filez, LauncherX, McFile all agree).

I thought it was supposed to count it not store it.

Orange UK. TrafficStat 4.0. From date set to 'Start of billing cycle'. Anything here that correlates?
  5.    #5  
    Mine's now grown to 470Kb to count 1184Kb of data. I think I'm beginning to see a pattern here. Most of my data usage is lots of small sessions checking email but last night I used the web a fair bit following the progress of a soccer game while I was down the pub. Although my total data usage almost doubled the database only grew by about 10%.

Therefore I reckon the deciding factor is number of connections rather than amount of data transferred. The worrying factor is that to monitor a whole month's traffic of mostly email checking I reckon the database would grow to about 3Mb! And I would need to keep a month's worth of data to make sure I didn't go over my expensive Orange data plan.

I might not register...
    We just released version 4.1, which has this problem fixed. Also, support for Treo600 5-way pad was added.
    The version is available from Handango.

For those who purchased version 4.0 though PayPal, email us for free upgrade.

Best regards,

--
    Vlad Karpinsky
    Hexlet LLC
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by zlatkarp
    We just released version 4.1, which has this problem fixed. Also, support for Treo600 5-way pad was added.
    Thanks, tried it yesterday and I can confirm that you do seem to have sorted out the database size problem.

However, 5-way support does not work for me (cannot 'click' any icon with the centre button or move between icons with the direction keys). But given that it was the database size issue that was putting me off using it you will shortly be getting my money...
    Well, I cannot check this myself on real device right now, but I asked a friend with Treo600 and he reports that 5-way pad works just fine.
    One thing to remember, the 5-way pad will work only under Treo600. All other devices with 5-way pad currently are not supported.

Best regards,
    Vlad Karpinsky
    Hexlet LLC
    Can't comment on database size issue yet, but I'll be very pleased if this is fixed.

5-way navigation and selection works for all features on my T600.
  10.    #10  
    The lack of 5-way nav on my 600 then is very bizzare... I've even done a complete re-install (as before I'd installed the 4.1 demo over the 4.0 demo) and still the only time the 5-way does anything is when there is a popup dialogue. On the main screen for instance it does nothing and I have to use my thumbnail.

My 5-way works normally in all the other 600 enabled apps I've got as far as I am aware.

Wonder if the 600 firmware version could be an issue?

I've upgraded to the 'unofficial' 2.08 INT release (on an Orange UK GSM Treo).
    Originally posted by tgabber
    The lack of 5-way nav on my 600 then is very bizzare... I've even done a complete re-install (as before I'd installed the 4.1 demo over the 4.0 demo) and still the only time the 5-way does anything is when there is a popup dialogue. On the main screen for instance it does nothing and I have to use my thumbnail.

My 5-way works normally in all the other 600 enabled apps I've got as far as I am aware.

Wonder if the 600 firmware version could be an issue?

I've upgraded to the 'unofficial' 2.08 INT release (on an Orange UK GSM Treo).
    I can hop the blue highlight around the main screen quite happily with the direction arrows and can select with centre button. I'm using 02.09 Firmware, Treo600-1.09-INT Software, Hardware A. Orange UK GSM too.

I guess you could try going from 2.08 to 2.09, but if it does make a difference, it will be the first I've noticed.

Good luck!

FWIW, I can add my confirmation that the database size issue is fixed in v4.1. With 1.2 Mb data transferred the database size is a svelte 2.25 K.
    Originally posted by tgabber
    The lack of 5-way nav on my 600 then is very bizzare...
    I've even done a complete re-install...

Originally posted by MarkC
    I can hop the blue highlight around the main screen quite happily with the direction arrows and can select with centre button. I'm using 02.09 Firmware, Treo600-1.09-INT Software, Hardware A. Orange UK GSM too.
    I have the 2.09/1.09 installed (on a hardware B Cingular phone, running on T-Mobile), and the 5-way and center buttons do nothing on my T600 either. (Using Trafficstat 4.1).

Bill S
    The 5 way is working good for me w/ v 4.1.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    I have the 2.09/1.09 installed (on a hardware B Cingular phone, running on T-Mobile), and the 5-way and center buttons do nothing on my T600 either. (Using Trafficstat 4.1).
    I'm glad someone else has the problem as well, I was beginning to think my 600 spooked...

Maybe it's a conflict with some other software we've both got installed, though from my understanding of how the 5-way works I find that difficult to believe.

Things like this really bug me, I'm tempted to do a hard-reset and then install Trafficstat by itself just to check...

hmmm...
  15.    #15  
    Just tried the hard reset, installing Trafficstat as the only additional app and the 5-way STILL doesn't work.

I even re-downloaded it just to be sure.

Curiouser and curiouser...
    So this app works ok on the 650? I need something that does exactly what Trafficstat does, but I was concerned that the blurb only mentioned the 600.
    bump
    yes it works on the 650. The UI and 5way dont work I think but its the only data log app I know of.