1.    #1  
  2. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Sheesh..... in the IT world, you are ALWAYS the early adopter if you want state of the art stuff and there is ALWAYS something new announced the day after you buy your device. OS5 has been out for a while now and the 600 is the first phone to use OS5. The other "state of the art" palmphones use OS4 (Kyo 7135 and Samsung i500).

Even if OS6 hits the shelves today, then it'll still be '05 before the first phone is out.

...but wait! by then OS7 will be due "real soon." Let's wait for that.......
    Cheers

Charles
    Originally posted by ceb
    Even if OS6 hits the shelves today, then it'll still be '05 before the first phone is out.

...but wait! by then OS7 will be due "real soon." Let's wait for that.......
    So True!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  4. jah
    I guess it's obvious that Palm OS 6 won't run on the Treo 600...

Well, I guess I can content myself with the idea that maybe I'll get a chance to upgrade to something with a hi-res screen, BlueTooth, and a better camera. But most of all, I'm looking forward to a better DateBook app. Treo 600 2.0 should be terrific, if they're still being developed over at Handspring within Palm. I wonder if they're using Palm OS 6? Or maybe they need another year to catch up with the new capacities of that software.
    OS6 seems more like an incremental upgrade. Better multitasking, security, and wireless.

The bigget thing I wish for Treo 600 are:

higher res screen
    faster web access
    and better camera.

OS5 probably could do all that easily.
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    yeah, you could drop the T|C's 400 mHz OMAP in the T600 and add the high res, but then you would get like 2 hrs of battery life
    Take my word...as I also use PocketPC's.

OS6 = multitasking.
    Multitasking = battery hog
    Mike