Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. limoman's Avatar
    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone know if Handspring/Palm is planning on releasing a version of the Treo 600 (or any new Treo) that will contain a 320 x 320 screen?

    That's is all I'm waiting for. I currently have a Palm m515 and really want to upgrade my screen with my next PDA. Everything else I've read about the Treo 600 sounds great.

    Not sure how much longer I can wait though. Is waiting for a better screen going to be worth it?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    I would nto think it will happen for at least a year or two.

    1. the t600 was the reason that Palm bought HS it is a great unit and the merger it self will take time to run itself thru the biz.

    2. the main reason 4 not using a hi res screen now was that with all else the t600 does and it's very small size, it's battery would not last. I assume we will need to wait until battery technology catches up or until hi res screens can be made using far less power.

    3. HS poured a fortune into this design and it will need to generate serious $'s b4 pa1mone replaces it.

    take care, Jay
    ps the sreen is a snap to read, i would not wait, if that is your main reason 4 waiting!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  3. #3  
    Originally posted by limoman
    I currently have a Palm m515 and really want to upgrade my screen with my next PDA. Everything else I've read about the Treo 600 sounds great.
    Put your m515 next to a Treo600 and tell me it isn't an upgrade. It may not be high res, but it is a quality screen.
  4. #4  
    I'd say the Treo 600 has the brightest screen out there. How many other smart phones out there can be used as a flashlight?
  5. #5  
    lol my kyocera 7135!!! lol.. during the blackout that happened in nyc and ontario.. i used my kyo 7135 as a flash light in my hallways lol.... but my treo 600 is just as bright.. and the resolution is still very good... esp to play games on too...
  6. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #6  
    Originally posted by limoman
    Does anyone know if Handspring/Palm is planning on releasing a version of the Treo 600 (or any new Treo) that will contain a 320 x 320 screen?

    That's is all I'm waiting for. I currently have a Palm m515 and really want to upgrade my screen with my next PDA. Everything else I've read about the Treo 600 sounds great.

    Not sure how much longer I can wait though. Is waiting for a better screen going to be worth it?

    Thanks
    The way I see it yes Handspring spent a lot of money developing the Treo 600 but Palm has way more money and the need to perform against Microsoft machines.

    Donna is now basking in her money glory, she is now a millionaire and it is easy to sip tea from the help in the south of France rather than move ahead.

    Plenty of companies offer 320 x 320 or similar hi res screens without battery problems.

    How long Palm will believe that all the money they invested into Handspring does not need to be complemented with a hi res screen (and other features like voice recording, BT, wifi, etc.) while they have the T3 with its 480 x 320 is a good guess.

    I know if I were the president of Palm I'd be embarrased to be pushing 160 x 160 when the Microsoft machines are all hi res. Its like they are leaving it low res to prove the point on purpose.

    Bottom line is I think it is fear of success. Palm has it. Instead of actualizing the hardware to use the software advantage they've got they are giving it to Microsoft in a silver platter. I mean if I was buying some 50,000 Palms or PPCs for my corporation, the PPC specs look better.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by mgauss

    The way I see it yes Handspring spent a lot of money developing the Treo 600 but Palm has way more money and the need to perform against Microsoft machines.
    I think we will see a newer version sooner now that the treo is part of the palm1 family.

    Not until the end of the year, but sooner than if it was still just Handspring.

    It helps, that they are only making devices to order so they shouldn't have much inventory worries.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

Posting Permissions