1.    #1  
    Had not seen where any AWS Treo users had performed an update of firmware.

Updated to 2.09 using a SD Card. The process went without a hitch. All applications are tested as working. Email,MMS,SMS, etc...

Nice thing is it got rid of the ATT Splash screens and replaced them with Handspring screens

where did you get the 2.09FW upgrade file? can you post it here?
    I did it as well. Pretty simple:
    1. HotSync to backup.
    2. Hard reset.
    3. Install Firmware upgrade (SIAM Updater 921.prc) via HotSync.
    4. When promted for a name, create a new name, "Install".
    5. Select the file, "SIAM Updater 921.prc".
    6. Wait.
    7. Wait some more.
    8. HotSync; this time, select your normal HotSync user name. All previously installed programs will be uploaded back to Treo.
    Firware version will now read:
    Firmware: 02.09
    Software: Treo600-1.09-INT

Plenty of info in this post to "find" what you're looking for.
    MadMax, The Road Warrior
    Originally posted by longgy
    where did you get the 2.09FW upgrade file? can you post it here?

see http://66.234.40.114:92/
    I've read some crazy posts over at the AT&T Wireless forum, but, after the 2.09 upgrade, did your phone have positive or negative effects (especially with phone calls)? Please post
    "What good is a smartphone when it's MORE smart and LESS phone?"
    Do these upgrades work on all treo600's IE like a sprint treo?
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Originally posted by zone97
    Do these upgrades work on all treo600's IE like a sprint treo?
    no
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    does anybody know where I can get the firmware upgrade for the cingular/unbranded version? Please post
    I updated my Cingular branded version of the Treo 600 (2.04-CNG) to the 2.09-INT version without a hitch.

I would recommend backing up (hotsyncing) the device first, copying the update to a SD/MMC card and doing a full reset (reset+power) before running the upgrade off the SD/MMC card.

I've noticed slightly better audio quality and slightly better data rates on AT&T Bermuda's GPRS service.

DemonJ
  10.    #10  
    Scrorpiuss,

It is the same update for ALL GSM carriers
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Have any of you seen the GPRS connection issues and battery issues reported on other threads in this forum? I am thinking of going to 2.08 or 2.09, but have come to rely on my T6 and don't want to risk screwing it up.

Cin unbranded with TMO.

-d
    We have one "no" vote and one "yes" vote for "will the firmware update work with Sprint GSM".

Any tie-breakers?
    Originally posted by dbregman
    Have any of you seen the GPRS connection issues and battery issues reported on other threads in this forum? I am thinking of going to 2.08 or 2.09, but have come to rely on my T6 and don't want to risk screwing it up.

Cin unbranded with TMO.

-d
    With the 2.09 version it appears the battery drains a little quicker than before, which was version 2.08. However, I have been using this machine extensively today after the upgrade so it is possble the battery drain is due to use. Haven't noticed anything significantly different between the two versions.
  14.    #14  
    seebs,
    The update link is for "GSM" Treos only,

Not for "Sprint" Treos
    I've been looking at the uncompressed firmware files extensively and there's definitely only code for GSM phones.

Actually I believe it will be checking the type of phone before it starts flashing the phone. It's either going to show you an error message or reset.