1.    #1  
    I have ten T-Mobile Treo 600s - shipped directly from T-Mobile - in my office. We ordered 14 new corporate accounts and received ten of the 14.

No, I don't know when, if ever, they will be available on general retail from T-Mobile or when the Handspring upgrade offer will arrive. Sindce we received only a partial order, I am assuming that you have at least a couple weeks more to wait.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Any idea on what I can do to get one?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by chrispawling
    Any idea on what I can do to get one?
    Your best bet is to try a corporate new account order through the business unit of T-Mobile BUT my understanding is that they exhausted the initial supply (we only received part of our order). I hear speculation (repeat, speculation) that the next supply might be the end of this month or early next.

I have no information on the Handpsring upgrade offer.
    please post hardware / firmware versions of the T-Mobile Treo600s.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by jskier
    Will do but it won't be today. We have to transfer phone numbers over and other, similar tasks. I'm turning it over to my IT people to complete the provisioning and distribution. When I get mine back, I'll post it here.
    Can you tell us firmware and software version numbers? Just curious if the "network sych" problem said to be responsible for the delay of these phones (assuming for the moment that was the real reason)was fixed by changing the phone SW/FW or by making T-Mo network adjustments. My Cingular hsa been working quite well on T-Mo for a month, as it should on any GSM network in the world. The software is carrier-specific, as it holds the proprietary network logo and sound info, etc. So that ID has to be different.

From my phone rec'd December 10:
    FW 02.02
    SW Treo600-1.06-CNG
    HW B
    Treo 600 (Cingular)
    T-Mobile SIM w/T-Zones
    Fireblade
    Hmmm...

No articles on TreoCentral, PDABuzz, infosyncworld, palminfocenter, smartphones.

No PRPRPR-$fluff$ $out$ $of$ $palmOne$ $or$ $T$-$Mobile$.

How come?
    Treo 600 now on T-mobile's Business Accounts website
    http://www.t-mobile.com/products/han...00/default.asp
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    No PRPRPR-$fluff$ $out$ $of$ $palmOne$ $or$ $T$-$Mobile$.

How come?
    Um, considering there's already more demand than supply, I really think it'd be a bad idea for P1 or Tmo to say anything about it right now. It would only lead to more unhappy customers who'd have to wait to get it! Once it's readily available for retail to everyone (not just a small number of corporate users) then it'd make sense to do some PRPRPR.
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

Will do but it won't be today. We have to transfer phone numbers over and other, similar tasks. I'm turning it over to my IT people to complete the provisioning and distribution. When I get mine back, I'll post it here.
    Just wondering if the T-Mobile version is unlocked?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    It is on their support site as well

http://www.t-mobile.com/help/product..._600/index.asp
  12.    #12  
    I know people want to know whether it is locked etc and I'll try to get back to you. At this point all I have done is verify that it will receive a call (also, there may be issues with an 'old' SIM card like mine).
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by jskier
    firmware: 02.05
    software: Treo600-1.08-INT
    Hardware: B
    Last edited by BaltimoreTreo; 01/13/2004 at 10:49 PM.
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

firmware: 02.05
    software: Treo600-1.08-INT
    Hardware: B
    Hmm does the INT mean that it is an unlocked international version???
    any cool applications preinstalled for tmo?
    Originally posted by latca
    Hmm does the INT mean that it is an unlocked international version???
    It is on of the latest international versions, however INT does not indicate whether T-Mo had Handspring lock the phones for them.
    Treo 600 (Cingular)
    T-Mobile SIM w/T-Zones
    Fireblade
  17.    #17  
    Originally posted by hakaidaEP3
    any cool applications preinstalled for tmo?
    No, CityTime is still there and they added MMS but I don't see anything else pre-installed.