Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

I was using biz connect with no problems and then I got an email from sprint saying that my windows password had changed. I went into the pc client and updated all the passwords for my standard imap server. When I try to sync using the treo I get 'cannot connect to desktop'. I have tried the following:

1) reinsall treo client
    result: did not help
    2) re-register treo client
    3) rename syncroot dir on pc under biz connect to syncroot.old
    4) uninstall pc client and reinstall pc client
    result: I was able to sync once and then when I change the client to get the last 7 days worth of mail it dies. I have tried to sync several times since chaning the values and I can't sync at all. I was only able to sync the first time.

Also to mention that bc.sprintpcs.com is working fine. I can get all my email there, the treo 600 client is the only thing that is having problems.

If I watch the pc client while trying to sync I see it says Sending data and then it just disconnects and reconnects. I have pasted below the error lines from the slingshot log file.

MailDataSource.cacheState] Found 37 message summaries
    *** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005
    (01): 0x0077c2fea5 mbscmp
    (02): 0x00003271f6 sevenimpl_readFromPropertiesFile

Any help would be awesome....

Thanks Guys
    abdm436 - Clearly you have done your research in how to debug BC! Those are definitely the steps to take although usually steps 1 and 4 are not needed but can't hurt. Let's get into a few more details...

1. What email server are you going against?
    2. Is the connector configured at the Desktop or via the Web Interface (I suspect the Desktop)
    3. What OS are you using?
    4. If you are using IMAP and have it configured on the desktop are you using any of the SSL settings or are the settings left at default?

I'll consult some people in-the-know about that error which I believe is usually syncroot related.
  3.    #3  
    1. What email server are you going against?

-- Standard IMAP mail server

2. Is the connector configured at the Desktop or via the Web Interface (I suspect the Desktop)

-- I have the Desktop configured

3. What OS are you using?

-- Windows XP

4. If you are using IMAP and have it configured on the desktop are you using any of the SSL settings or are the settings left at default?

-- I left them as default -- cause this is how it used to be when it was working. I have however tried both..

Thanks for your help with this...it is much appreciated
    abdm436 - Tks for the info... a couple of more questions...

1. Do you know the brand (vendor) and version of the IMAP Server. Different vendors have different quirks so this may help in knowing this.

2. On #4 You mentioned it was working previously and all of a sudden it stopped or has it never worked beyond one sync?
  5.    #5  
    hey,

sorry I don't know the type of imap server. As for the second question yes it was working fine and now it doesn't work at all. I used to get push email on my treo and now nothing
    Tks for the info.... I checked with my contacts and this problem is something they have been looking into and is usually corrected for a while by resetting the syncroot. It sounds like that does not work for you though since you indicated you tried it already. There are a few alternatives to getting more detailed direct help that I sent a PM to you about.
    MobileGhost -- Can you help me? I have a similar problem. I can access my BC email from the Treo, but not email from my IMAP FuseMail account, which I added. It worked for several days, but now I get an "Error 300" message. Any advice?
    could please publicly email how to reset syncroot and other trouble shooting steps that you mentioned?

I know you have emailed the proc. to a personal email but could you please post it for us all as well.

Regards,

Adi
    jpehrlich - An Error 300 is a bit more serious to figure out but first off I assume you configured your IMAP via the Web interface? T/F? Answering this will dictate how I may be able to help on this one.
    akhindaria - The troubleshooting steps really depend on the problem... some are easier than other to figure out. Resetting a syncroot is not desirable and is usually masking some other problem that may be solvable as it is usually a last resort. You can find the steps to do this by doing a search in the Forum here for "syncroot" and it will return a couple of my other posts where I made this recommendation. Once you go to one of those links do a CTRL-F and search for syncroot (it may be on an subsequent page though as some posts have become rather long but are in context to specific problems.

Are you experiencing a problem currently? If so then plug in some details in a post and I can assess from there.
    Mobile ghost, here are general symptoms. My email and access to corporate email via Biz con PE works fine. Then every two weeks or so, it starts with a message that "canno connect to corporate server" without any error code. generally deleting the biz con app, re-downloading it, uninstalling the desktop app, cleaning up the directory and then re-installing it will solve the issue, but I want to know if there is a simpler solution, am I doing soemthing to create this problem, why doe sthis start happening, is there a simpler solution than going through all this rigmarole?

I resolved the problem by un-installing and re-installing both the desktop and the handled apps. Unfortunately the frustration is that I do not know what actually fixes the problem, everytime it is shot in the dark.

thanks for your help.

Regards,

Adi
    akhindaria - ok great background. There is no need to re-install desktop or client as that is overkill but of course you said it fixes the problem.

1. How is your Desktop configured? Exchange / IMAP or Domino?

2. Do you have any services configured via the Web interface?

3. If IMAP is configured what server vendor is it?

4.. Once you get into condition you'll want to look at your log files on your desktop depending on the answers to #1 an #2 and see of the desktop is crashing for example by examing the log files.

That's enough to start...we'll go from here depending on the answers above.
    MobileGhost -- Thanks! Yes, I configured the IMAP through the Sprint webpage. I did it correctly becuase I've been able to use it several times. It usually goes 2 days on and then 2 days with the error 300 message. am i doing something to make this happen? Please help and thanks again.
    MobileGhost:

1. I have the desktop configured for exchange.

2. No services are configured via the web interface.

3. No IMAP

What is the tell tale sign that the desktop agent is crashing?

Regards,

Adi
    jpehrlich - Hmm... ok. I'd like to verify a couple of things...

1. I assume you have two accounts setup to access email.. one for Excahnge maybe and then the IMAP Fusemail configured via the Web? Or do you just have the IMAP Fusemail service configured on the web and nothing else?

2. When you get into the state of Error 300 which is displayed on the device for your IMAP FuseMail Account what happens when you go to the web interface and access your email from there to the IMAP FuseMail account? Is it successfull or does it return an error as well?

3. You mentioned that it works for two days and then may go off for a couple of days... this is beginning to sound like a "poison email", one that the server cannot handle and eventually gets flushed out of the 25-75 messages in your Inbox. Once flushed then the email resumes and works... just a theory though as there have been some reported cases of this on the Forums. Do you get a lot of email daily for the IMAP FuseMail account?

Let's work from these questions questions above...
    akhindaria - A sign that the Desktop is crashing is if you see

*** Exiting error : 0x00c0000005

in your slingshot.log file. You may see other errors that are critical but not necessarily crashers in there and they generally point to something. Here's how you should proceed once you get into this state.

1. Disconnect the Desktop Connection if it is running.
    2. Go to your Sprint \ PCS Business Connection directory and rename your slingshot to slingshot.old and connector.log to connector.old
    3. Re-start your Desktop Connection. It should be green.
    4. From your device note the time and manually sync. Assuming you get the error then you will now need to look at the slingshot.log file.

Post the text from that file from the timeframe where you did the sync. Also look above that time to see if there looks like anything else that indicates an error. I suspect we'll see some kind of errors posted there that may show the problem. Take a peek in the connector.log as well but I suspect that you will not see any error messages posted there as it is assumed connectivity to Exchange is not an issue here.

The procedures above are just a way to look at a clean set of log files when you have the problem which makes debugging easier.
    Fair enough Mobile Ghost, I will take the recommended steps the next time this happens, remember I fixed the issue by un-installing and re-installing yesterday.

BTW, what is the "poisoned email" that you mention in the previous posting?

Also, is the Biz Con PE a stable ap and has it been tested, I would rather be an anomaly and have hope than know that everyone is having trouble.

Regards,

Adi
    Hmm.. since you fixed it by uninstalling / installing again it lends itself to a syncroot type issue which will clear it more than likely but not solve it. The key is to possibly see what is causing it which is where the log file debugging comes into play.

Poison emails are ones that have funky formatting in them that the device or server cannot handle. It is usually a rare occurrance but can happen. The BC app gets all kinds of testing and has a lot of users using it. People post their problems here and it seems to be a good Forum for getting some more direct help in a community atmosphere.
    Oh, absolutely MobileGhost, you seem to be a godsend to this forum.

I will try tomorrow and recreate the problem and cut and paste the log file here. Thank you for sticking to this and helping.

I really appreciate it.

Regards,

Adi
    jpehrlich - Hmm... ok. I'd like to verify a couple of things...

1. I assume you have two accounts setup to access email.. one for Excahnge maybe and then the IMAP Fusemail configured via the Web? Or do you just have the IMAP Fusemail service configured on the web and nothing else?

I have Microsoft Outlook which is my BizCon client, and Fusemail, which I added from Sprint's website. These are my two "accounts" or "clients," as Sprint uses those terms.

2. When you get into the state of Error 300 which is displayed on the device for your IMAP FuseMail Account what happens when you go to the web interface and access your email from there to the IMAP FuseMail account? Is it successfull or does it return an error as well?

It is successful. It seems like the problem is getting access from the Tero only.

3. You mentioned that it works for two days and then may go off for a couple of days... this is beginning to sound like a "poison email", one that the server cannot handle and eventually gets flushed out of the 25-75 messages in your Inbox. Once flushed then the email resumes and works... just a theory though as there have been some reported cases of this on the Forums. Do you get a lot of email daily for the IMAP FuseMail account?

I would estimate I get between 10-20 emails per day on the fusemail account. From the Treo, sometimes I can access it, and sometimes I cannot. It is so strange.

MobileGhose -- I want to thank you for all your help. I agree you are a godsend to this forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast