1.    #1  
    I just picked up two 512MB from the Sears $99 deal, and compared them with VFSMark to the two SanDisk 256MB cards I purchased from Costco. Most of the stats are the same except for File Create and File Write which are drastically different. I have two of each chip and they confirm each other (the two 256MB are very similar to each other as are the two 512MB).

Here is a sample 256MB:

0401 purchased @ Costco
    File Create: 284%
    File Delete: 173%
    File Write: 20%
    File Read: 165%
    File Seek: 380%
    DB Export: 84%
    DB Import: 379%
    Record Access: 309%
    Resource Access: 309%
    VFSMark: 233

Here is a sample 512MB:
    0312 Purchased from Sears
    File Create: 122%
    File Delete: 90%
    File Write: 88%
    File Read: 165%
    File Seek: 393%
    DB Export: 82%
    DB Import: 370%
    Record Access: 309%
    Resource Access: 309%
    VFSMark: 214

Can anyone confirm similar numbers on your chips, and give me any thoughts on how it might effect actual usage? For playing movies/mp3 etc I don't see why I should care so much about the write speed but it's strange to be several times faster/slower on the dfferent stats.
    I have not seen the $99 deal. I searched the Sears website, but did not see this deal. Can you post how you found it , or provide a link?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by jjennings
    I have not seen the $99 deal. I searched the Sears website, but did not see this deal. Can you post how you found it , or provide a link?
    This was a deal that expired in early December, although it took them until late December to deliver on their orders. It was referenced here in the discussion forums and then I simply went to their web site to find it. Unfortunately the deal no longer exists, sorry! But keep watching the forums here to hear about other deals.