Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think this is f'n ridiculous. After reading all the forums about who the fault lies with it is still unclear, I think they really let down the community of Treo 600 users. Palm, Sprint and SD should of made this a priority after realizing:
    1. Treo 600 has the capabilty to support BT integration either through a third-party add-on (SD disk) or internally

2. Bluetooth is great selling point, marketing the Treo 600 as the control center of the home/mobile office

3. Treo 600 would be virtually unstoppable without it. Already these are the fastest selling smartphones out there. Why no BT?

In my opinion, Treo 600 is the leader in the market. Now talk of bluetooth being integrated with a different release of Treo600 pisses me off. Will I be able to exchange my Treo for this new one.

Where am I going wrong?
    Comments?
    I don't know if they've let down the community. I bought the Treo knowing full well they don't have BT - if they make it work, then that's gravy, but if they don't, I'm no worse off then I was when I bought it.
    Originally posted by Bujin
    I don't know if they've let down the community. I bought the Treo knowing full well they don't have BT - if they make it work, then that's gravy, but if they don't, I'm no worse off then I was when I bought it.
    Tell you what though... let's make a list of ALL the SDIO cards (exclusive of memory cards) that currently work with the T600 and determine if the SD-IO is really a marketing gimmick or actually something that they intend to support! I'll start the list...

1) NADA
    2) CERO
    3) Zip

Did I miss any cards?

L
    Last edited by Leeladisky; 01/13/2004 at 01:18 AM.
    Lee Ladisky
    Wait, wait, wait right there now... they are MADE, you just can't buy them, OR you can, but there are no drivers...

Let's be fair to our vaporware!
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Frankly, your language and presentation leaves a lot to be desired. Like most others around here, I also purchased it fully aware that there was no BT nor any plans in the immediate future for it. No room to complain. My children read these posts and I do not appreciate your manners.

Ben

---------------------

Originally posted by moeBot
    I think this is f'n ridiculous. After reading all the forums about who the fault lies with it is still unclear, I think they really let down the community of Treo 600 users. Palm, Sprint and SD should of made this a priority after realizing:
    1. Treo 600 has the capabilty to support BT integration either through a third-party add-on (SD disk) or internally

2. Bluetooth is great selling point, marketing the Treo 600 as the control center of the home/mobile office

3. Treo 600 would be virtually unstoppable without it. Already these are the fastest selling smartphones out there. Why no BT?

In my opinion, Treo 600 is the leader in the market. Now talk of bluetooth being integrated with a different release of Treo600 pisses me off. Will I be able to exchange my Treo for this new one.

Where am I going wrong?
    Comments?
  6. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I knew full well that BT was not part of the package when I purchased my Treo 600. With or without, I love it.
    I personally really wish they'd add BlueTooth. In fact, it's delaying my purchase.
    Hi, you might look into the headset made by unleash, while I do not have one, there have been a number of threads on it and by far th ecomments have been very very positive. Take care, Jay PS. I do have to agree about the language, there are a lot of young people reading the posts.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I really don't see what the big deal is. They never advertised that this had Bluetooth or that it has WiFi, yet people still EXPECT that it should be given to them. If it happens, GREAT! I would love it. If it doesn't, I knew what I was buying before I bought it. Like, I suspect, everyone else did.

Josh
    the only big deal i can think of with bluetooth on this is a headset.

for connecting to a laptop, pdanet is faster and less buggy than bluetooth anyway. so you have to use a cable...wah!

i would imagine the biggest reason for no BT was the development and licensing costs. Bluetooth is licensed piecemeal...the headset, serial, data, network, and print profiles are licensed separate and integrating all of the "desired" ones was probably too much for HS to chew.

then there is sprint, who wants to offer $10-$15 data plans with unlimited MOBILE DATA service for the phone. once BT comes out and people start using sprint as the primary ISP, it ruins it for ME!

Now, GSM carriers are more than happy to offer BT as it increases their revenues through more data use. Personally, i like my CHEAP data, so if that means no BT for sprint, FINE! Of course, it would be nice for the gsm people to have it, but using a usb cable instead of BT is not really a big deal...heck, at least with PDAnet, we HAVE an option to use mobile data with our treos...the other sprint people are SOL, except for the lucky t68 owners.

In summary, once BT comes out en masse on the sprint network, the gravy train we treo/pdanet users have enjoyed is likely OVER!
    Last edited by steven975; 01/13/2004 at 09:52 AM.
    I read somewhere that Sprint wouldn't allow it because then people would surf the internet all they wanted for $10. Same reason why they won't give us call duration. Cause they are cheap bastards!!! They want to milk us for every red cent we have & not allow us to keep track of it...
    Originally posted by steven975
    OVER!
    REALLY?!
    Why does it **** you off? Why did you buy the 600 if you considered BT essential? Do they expect them to stop making advancements because they sold you something? If they are the leader then it is due to many decisions and tradeoffs they made, INCLUDING not putting BT in this model.

Where am I going wrong?
    Apparently you went wrong when you bought a non-BT phone, because it sounds like you wanted one with BT.
    The people who want Bluetooth so badly - quick question -

Have you actually USED Bluetooth, more than once or twice?

Bluetooth is not ready for prime time. The only nice thing about it would be support for wireless headphones.

Consider that the Treo 600 market is already pretty small. Now, imagine how small the market is for people who are willing to pay for the Treo 600 and willing to buy a Bluetooth SDIO card (limiting their use of memory cards and burning batteries faster) and who are willing to buy an expensive Bluetooth headset.

It's niche within niche within niche. The phone just came out a few months ago! It's unrealistic to expect manufacturers to fall all over themselves to deliver your pet boutique product.
    Its not like you bought a car without wheels. You bought a car without a voice activated CD player. It may be nice, but its certainly not essential.

You said what you wanted, now tell us why? Convince me that Im wrong.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    When Handspring announced the Treo, they didn't promise to give us Bluetooth on the Treo, and that's it, there's nothing else to fight about.

If people want Bluetooth, they should get another phone that comes with it, or wait to see if a new Treo has Bluetooth built-in.
    I've never owned a "regular" phone, and never will.

Handspring Visorphone, Handspring Treo 180, Handspring Treo 600, PalmOne Treo 650....
  17.    #17  
    Sorry about the language too, won't happen again. You guys/girls are right. Driving with the wired headset is just sooo annoying and distractful. My apologies.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Sorry about the language too, won't happen again. You guys/girls are right. Driving with the wired headset is just sooo annoying and distractful. My apologies.
    Moe. You can always pick up the Unleash wireless headset (http://www.reasonproducts.com/unleash/index.html) and read threads about it here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44264/s.html

I purchased an Unleash and so far it's been a good experience. Only time will tell.

Good luck and props on the apology for the language.
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Originally posted by 7zero

Moe. You can always pick up the Unleash wireless headset (http://www.reasonproducts.com/unleash/index.html) and read threads about it here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t44264/s.html

I purchased an Unleash and so far it's been a good experience. Only time will tell.

Good luck and props on the apology for the language.
    This isn't really that different than the Jabra Freespeak with the Bluetooth adapter for non-nokia phones, is it? You still have to have an adapter plugged into the Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mforester

This isn't really that different than the Jabra Freespeak with the Bluetooth adapter for non-nokia phones, is it? You still have to have an adapter plugged into the Treo 600.
    You are correct. A dongle plugs into the bottom (because that's where the headphone jack is) of the Treo 600. It's 1/2 the price of the Jabra Freespeak though.

Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast