Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I noticed an interesting case for the treo on the sprint web site but the picture only showed the front of the case only. I decided to go to the local sprint store this afternoon just for the heck of it not thinking they will have it. I ask the salesman and i am told they have no cases for the 600 Just then i notice right behind him the case i was looking for. That is how knowledgeable a sprint rep is. It turns out to be a great case this is coming from a guy who has the piel frammer case as well as the form fitting case. It turns out to be the same style as the case sprint made for the treo 300. A plastic sleeve on the key board and a wrap around the antenna but they added a flap that clips on the top and bottom of the case to protect the screen.It is made of high quality leather and the nice thing is it is not bulky and if you leave the case in your pocket you can remove the flap.

Fred
    Take a picture of it. And if you don't have a camera, then use the Treo600 and try to take a picture of the case itself.
  3.    #3  
    I will post pictures tonight

Fred
    I think this is the one, looks pretty nice!

http://www.sprintpcsaccessories.com/....jsp?prod=1758
    Yes. please post a pic when you have a chance!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hmm... looks pretty cool. Wonder why there's a strap around the antenna?
    After hearing about this case yesterday, I went and picked one up at the sprint store for $39.99. They told me I had 14 days to return it for whatever reason. Being this is my first case for the Treo600, I was very happy to purchase it. This case is SOO much better than the case handspring gives you in the box. Regarding the strap around the antenna, its there because it is the only piece attaching the treo to the case on the upper 50% of the case. SO... There are NO bands of leather running across the front speaker, IR port, buttons, etc.

This is my inital reaction:

PROS:
    - Nice fit and quite thin.
    - Removable front flap
    - Ability to pivot the flap at the button so it doesn't bend over when opened
    - Existing Holes all line up
    - Nothing covering the camera... easier to use.

CONS:
    - Strap across antenna covers card slot partially and "slightly" touches the top power button BUT doens't appear to be an issue.
    - Plastic covering keyboard is rather thick
    - No reset button hole. Must remove entire unit to reset.
    - I dont have the cradle, BUT I cannot imagine it working with this case.
    - No storage slots in the flap for additional cards, cash, etc.
    - Nothing covering the camera... lens is exposed.

Am I happy with it? YES. $45 was the most I was willing to spend on a case, and this fit the bill. Im sure there are better cases but some cost $90+.... No thanks. This is a nice case IMHO.

Will try to post pics when I get home.
    thewired1
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings all.

Well, I just ordered one "sight-unseen" as the two Sprint PCS stores in South Florida (Coral Gables & The Falls) I called either a) didn't have them in stock or b) flat out told me they didn't exist. So much for calling ahead to save a trip on our fun roads here. Oh well.

Since I owned the SPCS Treo 300 case (when I had it) and didn't hate it, I figure after reading the posts and looking at the picture should be okay. I currently have 3 cases (the free one that came in the box, the Home Depot "Work Force" case for weekend use and a Nite Ize stand-up case that works great as a stand and case.)

I'll post a quick review when it comes in.

Cheers!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    You'd think they'd have a better picture of the thing on the website, jeesh.

I currently have 3 cases (...the Home Depot "Work Force" case for weekend use...)
    You are such a geek! [Not a flame, he's my friend!]
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Greetings all.

Well, I just ordered one "sight-unseen" as the two Sprint PCS stores in South Florida (Coral Gables & The Falls) I called either a) didn't have them in stock or b) flat out told me they didn't exist. So much for calling ahead to save a trip on our fun roads here. Oh well.

Since I owned the SPCS Treo 300 case (when I had it) and didn't hate it, I figure after reading the posts and looking at the picture should be okay. I currently have 3 cases (the free one that came in the box, the Home Depot "Work Force" case for weekend use and a Nite Ize stand-up case that works great as a stand and case.)

I'll post a quick review when it comes in.

Cheers!
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dune
    You are such a geek! [Not a flame, he's my friend!]
    You know it. It's okay. I'll call you and let you know if you should buy it...cause you know you want it. As for geek...who called who from the car using the cassette deck adapter? You're a good guy dune.
  12.    #12  
    pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #13  
    picture opened
  14.    #14  
    pictures of back
    Looks nice--does it hang pretty close to the belt or does it dangle way out there like some of the other cases with a removable belt clips?

Also, looks like the cover is optional...

Thanks for posting the pics

John
  16.    #16  
    stays close to belt has a locking clip and the flap is removable
    Hard to tell from the picture, but does the combination of the antenna strap and the leather strip between the screen and keyboard hold the phone snugly enough against the bottom corners so that one might be able to remove the plastic covering the keyboard without causing the phone to slip out of the case at - what would be a new - lower front opening?
  18.    #18  
    never thought about removing the plastic cover but that is a good idea i think that it will be enough support on the bottom to hold the phone .I am using it with e gripps so i dont have any shifting at all

Fred
    This case looks good. Thanks for the pictures fkpalm. It reminds me of my Sprint case for the Sanyo 5500. It seems to have been made by the same manufacturer. The leather/design looks identical. I might have to go have a look at it in person. The clear plastic on the Krusell case is starting to bother me. Although I love the protection it provides, using the stylus is not easy.
    Originally posted by 7zero
    You know it. It's okay. I'll call you and let you know if you should buy it...cause you know you want it.
    Ok, it looks interesting. The only thing bothering me about the Handspring side holster at this point is how the inside of strap button bangs into the screen when I remove the phone from the case.

Thanks for the pictures, fk.

As for geek...who called who from the car using the cassette deck adapter? You're a good guy dune.
    True. But who bought the Unleashed AND theboom? Hmm?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast