Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Okay, I bought this case.

The biggest problem:

The case is tighter than a frog's sphincter. I can't get the strap to snap around the antenna, and I feel like I am breaking the phone by trying to force it into the case. I've never had a case so tight for any phone. I imagine it's like getting Oprah in spandex.

I've been trying for 15 minutes, and still can't get it in the case.

I'm unimpressed so far. I can't even get the thing in.
    fkpalm,

How did you get the thing in the $(#& case?

Been trying for darn near 30 minutes now, and the strap is till 1/2" from the snap.

WTF????

Did you have to use the jaws of life or something to get it in there???
  3.    #43  
    it was a very tight fit when i first purchased the case no it did not take 30 minutes to get it in .once it was in the leather softens after about two days now i remove it and replace it with ease.
    Screw it. I'm not using a crowbar. If anyone wants a case that doesn't fit ... cheap, let me know. I don't have the box, so I can't return it (I thought I would like it and thew the box away). I have the receipt. Bought it yesterday.

It's not modified. Only been "used" for 30 minutes.

Good luck getting it in there.

I give up. I'm going back to the handspring plastic covered case. At least I can slip it in and out.
    >it was a very tight fit when i first purchased the case no it did >not take 30 minutes to get it in .once it was in the leather >softens after about two days now i remove it and replace it with >ease.

Tight is an understatement. The plastic was pressing all the buttons and holding down the 5-way. I never could get the antenna strap anywhere near fastened.

I know leather streches ... but damn. That is just too tight out of the box. I felt like I was sticking a square peg in a round hole. I don't want to apply that much pressure to my Treo.

I wanted it so that I could use the stylus, as opposed to the plastic covered case ... but i'm just going to take an exacto knife to the Handspring case and cut out a space for the screen.

Tight???

Call that the understatment of the month.

I still don't know how you got it in without wrestling it like an alligator, but my hat is off to you.
    Originally posted by GoodNamesRTaken
    Okay, I bought this case.

The biggest problem:

The case is tighter than a frog's sphincter. I can't get the strap to snap around the antenna, and I feel like I am breaking the phone by trying to force it into the case. I've never had a case so tight for any phone. I imagine it's like getting Oprah in spandex.

I've been trying for 15 minutes, and still can't get it in the case.

I'm unimpressed so far. I can't even get the thing in.
    LOL
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  7.    #47  
    my advise is that you may have a misfit case it should not be that tight and if you have the receipt bring it back to sprint and show them it is not fitting properly they should give you a replacement

Fred
    Yeah, I think it has to be a misfit. I thought they all came off the same assembly line and this would be impossible ... but there is no way this phone is going in this cast. Not without taking a chainsaw to the case.

It said "Treo 600 Case" on the box and receipt. It looks like the one in the picture on Sprint's website.

But somehow, someway, they managed to give me a defective case.

What are the chances ...
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Well, well, well. SPCS gave me a nice surprise the other day. They sent me the case I ordered a couple of weeks ago (after I canceled the order because, of back order status).

While the case is TIGHT, it does stretch bit after the first couple of days. GoodNames: I think the thought that you've received a "misfit" is righton. My case was tight (perhaps not as tight as a frogs...well, you know) but, after getting it in the case carefully, I dont' have too much trouble getting it out now.

I do wish it has a hole for the reset pin and the microphone, but, alas, it's a nice case. At least it plays well with the other cases I've bought.

Peace!
    Originally posted by myculito
    Well, if anyone doesn't like their Sprint case, and HAS NOT modified it yet, PM me so I can buy it off you.
    ...that goes for me as well.

Since I've just received a replacement T600, I want it to stay 100%, and not get any problems with the yellow dots on the screen that the old one eventually had.

Only "problem" is that I HATE cases that hang off the belt - I want to hide my phone/PDA in my pocket!

So I'm looking for a thin, yet durable case that will protect the screen yet be easy to take out of my pocket to answer a call.

Currently I'm just using the stock Handspring case which is thin but otherwise a joke since I have to take the Treo out of the case no matter what I want to do with it (type, call, pick up phonecall, etc.).

This Sprint case looks promising, but will the belt clip system make it hard to fit, say, in the front pocket of a pair of jeans?
    Can the clip/button be removed?

Anyhow, if someone would like to get rid of one of these cases, please PM me!

Thanks,
    Christopher
    Originally posted by grenness
    This Sprint case looks promising, but will the belt clip system make it hard to fit, say, in the front pocket of a pair of jeans?
    Can the clip/button be removed?

Thanks,
    Christopher
    The clip/button can not be removed from this case. The only flip style cases which I am aware of which allows the button to be removed are the Krusell and the Covertec.

I've tried many flip style cases and I can tell you the Sprint case does offer the slimest profile. This is more due to the fact that it's made from very cheap, thin leather as apposed to some of the other cases which cost more, but are made from a thicker, higher quality leather.
    Originally posted by lgreenberg

The clip/button can not be removed from this case. The only flip style cases which I am aware of which allows the button to be removed are the Krusell and the Covertec.
    To clarify, the clip can be removed. The button cannot.

I've tried many flip style cases and I can tell you the Sprint case does offer the slimest profile. This is more due to the fact that it's made from very cheap, thin leather as apposed to some of the other cases which cost more, but are made from a thicker, higher quality leather.
    Having tried and immediately returned the piece-of-crap EB Treo 600 case, the Sprint case is made of much higher quality/thicker material by comparison.
    Maybe it's not the overall quality of the leather, its just the fact that it's very stiff. There may even be something stiff in between the front and back, like hard plastic or cardboard. Being stiff makes it seem thinner to me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123