Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just ran out and picked one up.

It's a VERY tight fit.
    Here's a quick question for anyone using this case, or a case like this one.

When you're making/receiving a phone call do you:

1. Remove the flip cover entirely
    2. Un-snap the top snap and let the flip hang down
    3. Un-snap the bottom snap and flip the flip over the back

Just curious.
    Originally posted by thewired1
    They told me I had 14 days to return it for whatever reason. Being this is my first case for the Treo600, I was very happy to purchase it. This case is SOO much better than the case handspring gives you in the box.
    I bought this case and I think I'm going to return it. I liked the tight fit and flatness of the case but the clip is annoying and the flip cover is pretty much useless.

Keep in mind I'm comparing this case to the Bellagio designs Mod B case which I'll continue to use.
    Originally posted by gyrfalcon

I bought this case and I think I'm going to return it. I liked the tight fit and flatness of the case but the clip is annoying and the flip cover is pretty much useless.

Keep in mind I'm comparing this case to the Bellagio designs Mod B case which I'll continue to use.
    Doesn't the Bellagio B case have a flip cover too? How is the Sprint one different making it useless?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by 7zero
    Greetings all.

Well, I just ordered one "sight-unseen" as the two Sprint PCS stores in South Florida (Coral Gables & The Falls) I called either a) didn't have them in stock or b) flat out told me they didn't exist. So much for calling ahead to save a trip on our fun roads here. Oh well.

Since I owned the SPCS Treo 300 case (when I had it) and didn't hate it, I figure after reading the posts and looking at the picture should be okay. I currently have 3 cases (the free one that came in the box, the Home Depot "Work Force" case for weekend use and a Nite Ize stand-up case that works great as a stand and case.)

I'll post a quick review when it comes in.

Cheers!
    Ah, the ol' Sprint Switch. I "bought" it yesterday with a Sprint Accessories CSR and was to receive it today...well, eventhough the CSR "checked" the warehouse...they're on backorder. They weren't yesterday when I placed the order and well, I guess it's just Sprint being Sprint. I've checked the SPCS stores and they still have no idea what I'm talking about. It's a good thing I bought the Treo 600 for a good price and it came in when they promised. I'll try again.

Thanks for the review and sorry for the Rant.

Cheers!

PS: Dune, I'll let you know when it comes in so you can buy it too...(not a flame we're friends from back in the day).
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
  6.    #26  
    just remember i was in a sprint store and the sales person told me they didnt have it in stock and i was the one that saw it on the shelves.

Fred
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Thanks for the positive vibe Fred. I've been to the two closest SPCS stores and no luck.

Oh well, I'll keep trying. At least I just walk in and look, say nothing and walk out after looking in the hope that I see it.

I'll keep up the search.

Dune, if you see one let me know.

Peace!
    Palm IIIx, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Centro, Pre
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    never thought about removing the plastic cover but that is a good idea i think that it will be enough support on the bottom to hold the phone .I am using it with e gripps so i dont have any shifting at all
    Thanks for the info. I went to the local Sprint store in Columbia MD and picked one up. They didn't have them on display, so I asked and it turns out they had some in back in the store room.

As you said, nice snug fit, so I didn't have any worries cutting out the plastic with an X-acto knife. With plastic removed it's still nice and snug with no worries about it slipping and best of all, I can actually feel the keys. 8)

This thing is perfect now!

Oh, and no dreaded spacebar answer problems!

-A
    Would anyone be willing to post some "clearer" pictures? Especially ones that show how close it clips to the hip.

Thanks,

GM
    Originally posted by lgreenberg
    Doesn't the Bellagio B case have a flip cover too? How is the Sprint one different making it useless?
    Well imagine two pieces of strings holding on the flip cover... One on the bottom, one on the top. As expected when the bottom isn't fastened, it flops all about wildly. This is the case with the Sprint case.

I like flip covers to flip, not flap.

The other issue was that I didn't like the clip at all... It didn't hang the way the Bellagio case does, and has a rotating snap clip that click locks when it rotates. Didn't care for that much.

Those are my main issues. If they had a better clip and a flip cover that attached to the back (and had a bit of a thicker lid w/SD slots) I would like the case a lot.
  11.    #31  
    that is why there are tons of cases or phones or pdas to choose from every body has a different opinion i happen to like the flap on the sprint case and i am using it instead of my piel frama which i mainly use when i wear a suit. As far as the flap i remove it when i leave the case in my pocket and use it if i clip it to my hip. If you dont like the locking of the clip any clip will work with it .

Fred
    Originally posted by Aether

As you said, nice snug fit, so I didn't have any worries cutting out the plastic with an X-acto knife. With plastic removed it's still nice and snug with no worries about it slipping and best of all, I can actually feel the keys. 8)

This thing is perfect now!

-A
    A,
    Can you please please post some pics of your modified case?
    Thanks
    I have a drawer at my desk that's turned into a case cemetary. I ran out to 4 Sprint stores today until a rep could produce this case. I must say...I like it enough to migrate from the handspring side case I am currently using (before that...Universal Swiss Army brand cell phone case...and before that...the Nutshell T600 case).

What this case offers that those don't is versatility. Clip to belt for business, or no clip at all and keep in pocket. Access to all the needed ports...and you can remove flip cover if you don't need. Nice snug fit too...

One more thing...this case solved that others were lacking is that the design means I can ACTUALLY hear my phone ring now...All of my previous cases muffled the speaker so much I missed many calls. If the belt clip can hang in there...I've finally found the case for me.
    Made two mods upon reading more in the thread.

1. Cut out the thick mylar plastic over keyboard with exacto'knife.
    2. Made a small hole in back of case for reset button.

I wanted to "feel" the keys on the keyboard and didn't want to take the phone ouf of the case if I need to reset. Phone fit better without the mylar.

Now it's perfect.
    I don't recommend this case. I purchased one and the antenna strap put just enough pressure on my SD card that it kept thinking the card was ejected. However, if you don't use and SD card (Hard to imagine ) it a usable case. There was some fraying of the stitching on mine but nothing too bad. Oh well, another T600 case for the junk drawer.

GM
    Originally posted by gerryoil
    I don't recommend this case. I purchased one and the antenna strap put just enough pressure on my SD card that it kept thinking the card was ejected. However, if you don't use and SD card (Hard to imagine ) it a usable case. There was some fraying of the stitching on mine but nothing too bad. Oh well, another T600 case for the junk drawer.

GM
    Mine does not have this problem. If you're just going to toss it in a drawer and are not going to return it for a refund, I'd suggest cutting out the plastic over the keyboard like several of us have done, and see if this eases some of the tension you might have on the strap causing this problem for you.

-A
  17.    #37  
    I did not cut the plastic and i had the problem a couple of times when i first started to use the case but i dont seem to have this problem now i guess after using the case the leather softens.
    I still enjoy using this case over all the other ones i have in my desk draw

Fred
    Originally posted by Aether

Mine does not have this problem.
    -A
    Neither does mine.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Well, if anyone doesn't like their Sprint case, and HAS NOT modified it yet, PM me so I can buy it off you.
    Originally posted by myculito
    Well, if anyone doesn't like their Sprint case, and HAS NOT modified it yet, PM me so I can buy it off you.
    Check your PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast