Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Originally posted by caseyatbt

Where do you get the mobitv program? I can't find it on the website.

JC
    That is the problem. You have to sign up for the trial before they give you the URL to download the jad file. I believe they send the url in a short mail that you use to download it to your phone. I figured someone on here must already have it. maybe I am wrong. You must have the service to get video anyway but I would like to see if the app launches first.
    anybody know what the J9 prefs does?
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Originally posted by 100thMonkey
    anybody know what the J9 prefs does?
    The docs claim it is for doing debugging. I assume it ads one if not both of the java preference pannels to the treo. You can change the command line arguments that are used to launch an application in the jvm. Some of the options are the heap size and double buffering.
    So what's the best settings to make the games run the fastest? Different for each, or is there a basic speedy setting?
    Originally posted by kilo94
    So what's the best settings to make the games run the fastest? Different for each, or is there a basic speedy setting?
    Any game written for java on a cell phone is going to scream on the treo so the settings are not that important. Double buffering is slower but looks a lot nicer. Slow is relative. Most phones still can't touch it.
    Having never had a java phone before, I downloaded a bunch of Java apps and was really disappointed. They seemed rather crappy IMHO.

Aside from MobiTV (I cant say I need TV 24/7, but I understand why some might), are there any other really "need to have" apps that run on Java or is this more buzz than anything else?!?
    Originally posted by ttgchicago
    Having never had a java phone before, I downloaded a bunch of Java apps and was really disappointed. They seemed rather crappy IMHO.

Keep in mind most of these were designed with the small screens and functionality of a standard cell phone in mind.

JC
    I have tried downloading the beta for arm processer three times and when I try to install it am getting error that a dill file is missing and the files are not in different folders just in the unzipped folder I found the files that everyone is talking about but when i run a java program grt error to install micro inviroment

when I goto the info screen it shows it is takeinf up 1626k of space any ideas
    Keep in mind most of these were designed with the small screens and functionality of a standard cell phone in mind.
    Absolutely, but Im still not sure what this brings to the table for us T600 users, at least in todays 160x160 environment.

Is there a sample app out there that will allow me to see the light?!?

Absolutely, but Im still not sure what this brings to the table for us T600 users, at least in todays 160x160 environment.

Is there a sample app out there that will allow me to see the light?!?
    At this very moment the apps dont compare favorably to palm apps. Think of it as another API that programmers can use (dev kit remember). They are restricted to making apps that fit in a few k of memory for impossibly small screens. If I were developing apps for phones I would probably write it in java since I had the widest audience. I would then make a version that used the higher res screens on some devices like the treo and the p900. One code base to maintain.

Anyway, I thought motoGP was a pretty cool game. At the sun javaOne conference last year they had a huge collection of phones all running various apps and games. I saw at least 5 or 10 that were worthy. MotoGP was one of them. There was another that reminded me of RC Car from the original Nintendo. I forgot what it was called.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts

Aside from MobiTV (I cant say I need TV 24/7, but I understand why some might), are there any other really "need to have" apps that run on Java ...
    For me (so far) it has been Reqwireless Webviewer. It is about 10x faster than any other browser on my Treo, including the patched Web Pro. It still has some issues ... but in the meantime it's nice to see pages load in split seconds as opposed to split minutes.
    Every time I try to go to a URL with WebViewer, all I ever get is an error dialog with the message "Unexepdcted server respoinse: 411 Length Required; null"

I got that hitting www.treocentral.com

nice app.
    Go into settings, then click on advanced, then change the port setting to 8080. I can almost guarantee it solves your problem.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    yeah, works perfectly for me...
    nice app indeed.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234