Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    For anyone who's thinking abou trying this, just do it! Very cool.

A few questions:

Am I supposed to have sound in MotoGP?

I only installed the single Java prc from the developer's kit as others had mentioned. Ran great, but Metris and Moto have no sound.

Thoughts?!
    For everyone that downloaded the software, are you registered on the palmone website as business users? Did anyone that is not a business-related user register there just to get the software? I am not a business professional at all but i'm interested in trying this out. Would I get in any trouble by registering with "inccurate" information just to get the software?
    I am not a buisness user. And it works just great! Infact I downloaded a game that I installed on my wifes Sayno 5300 to my Treo 600, and it is really cool!!! It is an RPG game called Ring Fantasy. Attached is the converted version (Using the tool that came with the JAVA kit). It is fun & yes the save/load features work!

Also I am running the game from a memory card. And for a game of this size (Game wise) it takes up rather little space (Storage wise). Enjoy!

(Now to continue getting more and more games for my Treo 600 that are JAVA based... My wife will not complain about me playing games on her phone any more. LOL)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Predator-1

You're right. I too only installed the 9JavaVMMidpNG.prc and it's working fine on my T6. Can someone tell me the importance of the midp20.prc?
    I must be overlooking something, where does the file 9JavaVMMidpNG.prc and other mentioned come from. I followed the directions given in an earlier post but the file i was able to download did not contain this or any of the other files, would someone please help me out and point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Just tried it on my Treo 600 and it soft resets (
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Originally posted by avfc
    Just tried it on my Treo 600 and it soft resets (
    I installed the apps from the link above (from zone97) and just like avfc, I'm gettings a soft reset.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.
    You must get the developers copy of Java from PalmOne. In order to do that, you must register as a developer (or pretend to be one) and login to their pluggedin site. There is a post on here that tells exactly how to do this (step by step). It is a little misleading/vague because you *must* register as a developer and login before you click on the java link, but other than that it is right on the money.

I originally went to one of the links posted here (direct link) and downloaded the java available to end users. That java virtual machine downloaded for end users was not compatible w/ my Treo 600 and caused resets whenever I attempted to run the "demo" program.

I downloaded the developers version last night and am having great luck with it. You will know if you have the correct download when you can find the conversion tools (for converting java to prc files). If you don't see the conversion tools, you are not getting the correct download.

Too bad the JVM doesn't accept all java based modules via the web, but all "midlets" I've tried work extremely well.
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

I've logged into the devloper site and follow the download instructions but only have three files in the wme4palm.zip file:

Java Demo.prc
    j9_vm_bundle.prc
    midp21.prc

It also says it is for:

Tungsten E, Tungsten T3, Tungsten W, Tungsten C or Tungsten T2 handheld

Anyone know if the j9_vm_bundle will work or do I need to get some other download?

Thanks
    Phil

Originally posted by zgraff
    Okay, here is what you do:

1> Login to PalmOne developer website at

http://pluggedin.palmone.com/regac/pluggedin/login.jsp

2> Click on "java" on the navigation column on the left.

3> Under "downloads", click on "Download Now".

4> Download the "WebSphere Micro Environment Toolkit for Palm OS" for ARM processor.

5> Unzip the file.

6> Under "prc\ARM", you will find the "J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc". Hotsync that.

7> Under "prc\IA32", you will find "midp20.prc". Hotsync that.

8> Under "samples", you will find "Solitaire.prc". Hotsync that to test your installation.

Good luck!!
    You are downloading the end user JVM and that will not work with the Treo 600. You must download the developers Java. Those instructions above are correct, however, as I said before you must *register* and login (w/ your assigned username and password) as a developer before proceeding to Step 2.
    If you understand, things are just as they are. If you do not understand, things are just as they are.

Originally posted by philipgood
    I've logged into the devloper site and follow the download instructions but only have three files in the wme4palm.zip file:

Java Demo.prc
    j9_vm_bundle.prc
    midp21.prc

It also says it is for:

Tungsten E, Tungsten T3, Tungsten W, Tungsten C or Tungsten T2 handheld

Anyone know if the j9_vm_bundle will work or do I need to get some other download?

Thanks
    Phil

Go here...

http://pluggedin.palmone.com/regac/p...GettingStarted

fill out the form, then you will get an email with a login and password, go back to the login page and log in, then follow the above instructions and you will be able to get the correct files.. I didnt want to have to go this way... And your not allowed to post this file here or i would upload it.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    In general are all these midlets free or do you have to pay money for them? In essence Java is usually open and free, but so far I have only seen sites which charge for little games.

I assume there is probably an entire underground network for them just as for palm apps

- Alex
    Maybe one of the Treo specific webpages could offer a JAVA section.....
    awesome, got the java working on my treo. . . now to endlessly harass mobiTV. I have a 10$/mo credit that would work perfectly for this!!!!
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

delete this
    so anyone have J2ME programs they can post that work well with the treo?
    i found a pacman program on one of the sites linked in this thread.
  17.    #57  
    Originally posted by AlexMagoo
    In general are all these midlets free or do you have to pay money for them? In essence Java is usually open and free, but so far I have only seen sites which charge for little games.

I assume there is probably an entire underground network for them just as for palm apps

- Alex
    Alex, Checkout this site full of free Java games!

http://midlet.org/index.jsp

I haven't tried all of them, but a few like MonkeyMadness seem to work alright!

There's also some other sites like this one which claim to sell Treo600 java games...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    The new version of WebSphere for the Treo 600 is available:

Version: Public BETA2 (ARM only)
    Date Released: February 20, 2004
    Size: 7.3mb
    Description: Runtime, Packaging, and Debugging Tools for Java 2 Micro Edition support on palmOne devices. Beta2 includes support for OTA and AMS.
    Device Support: Zire 71, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T3, Tungsten E, Tungsten C, Treo 600
    J2ME Standard Support: Connected Limited Device Configuration 1.1, Mobile Information Device Profile 2.0

Public BETA2 (ARM only)

I have not tried it yet.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    This version is able to convert the files when you download them with the palm. You no longer need to convert the files to prc on a pc! It also now has a pref pane for the jvm. I am tempted to try mobitv but I would rather try a prc that someone has already converted. Anyone?

Looks like the T600 still does quite well on the benchmarks.

http://www.jbenchmark.com

If you dont see it in the results check the unprocessed results page.
    Last edited by treobone; 02/22/2004 at 12:06 AM.
    Originally posted by treobone
    I am tempted to try mobitv but I would rather try a prc that someone has already converted. Anyone?

Where do you get the mobitv program? I can't find it on the website.

JC
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast