Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Files used:
    prc/ARM/J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc
    samples/solitaire.prc
    OK... I am lost here. Could someone post a direct link or some percise instructions on where to get this .prc file with the new Beta version of java for the Treo600 ...thanks!

-CK
    Okay, here is what you do:

1> Login to PalmOne developer website at

http://pluggedin.palmone.com/regac/pluggedin/login.jsp

2> Click on "java" on the navigation column on the left.

3> Under "downloads", click on "Download Now".

4> Download the "WebSphere Micro Environment Toolkit for Palm OS" for ARM processor.

5> Unzip the file.

6> Under "prc\ARM", you will find the "J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc". Hotsync that.

7> Under "prc\IA32", you will find "midp20.prc". Hotsync that.

8> Under "samples", you will find "Solitaire.prc". Hotsync that to test your installation.

Good luck!!
    From the README file:
    -------------
    - Palm OS 5 handheld: Install the J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc from the prc\ARM directory.

- Palm OS 5 simulator: You must install both J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc and midp20.prc from the prc\IA32 directory. J9JavaVMMidpNG.dll must be located in the simulator's directory.
    -------------

I don't think you need to install the files in prc\IA32. I only installed "J9JavaVMMidpNG.prc" as instructed and the sample app ran fine without any issues.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Woah! This is going to be cool. I just downloaded a bunch of java games and converted them to .prc and they all worked. Some the screen was small, some played slow but they all worked. Bring on the Java!
    AirData,

1) Where did you d/l the java games from?

2) What did you use to convert them to PRC?
    I tried a few Nokia games that I downloaded from www.aivanet.com but not much success.

Converting is easy, there's a jartoprc_w.exe in the bin folder that is fairly intuitive. You can run jartoprc.exe from a command prompt to have more options. See the doc for details.
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by sbpooch
    [B]AirData,

1) Where did you d/l the java games from?
    Well, I had previously mentioned this site in another thread. Then of course, there's always google...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I used the tools from the developer package to convert them. Just drag, drop, and convert.

I downloaded games from here: http://www.wapzon.com/web/gamedetail.asp?Gid=360
    I was about to give up on finding nice midlets until I found this one MotoGP on the site I previously mentioned.

It's the first one I found that looks cool, runs fast, and is actually fun to play. 2=accelerate, 4=left, 6=right, 8=break.
    Originally posted by Mol
    I was about to give up on finding nice midlets until I found this one MotoGP on the site I previously mentioned.

It's the first one I found that looks cool, runs fast, and is actually fun to play. 2=accelerate, 4=left, 6=right, 8=break.
    I keep crashing into the signs.
    Originally posted by Ksilebo

I keep crashing into the signs.
    I guess you need to "brake" and not "break" .
    For those of you who have signed up as a dveloper and have downloaded it, well, you can test out Midcast. Please email sales@hillcast.com if you want to beta test the streaming stock quote app Midcast AND you have this new Java VM....
    I just wanted to try it. I prefer Tetris anyway. If anyone gets a Tetris one working, I'd be very happy...
    tetris clone attached...

downloaded from midlet.org...

not my work!

digidep
    Originally posted by zgraff

I guess you need to "brake" and not "break" .
    Point taken! I guess I needed a brake.
    If you want a cool J2ME app to try, download jbenchmark from the site of the same name.

Be sure to plug in to external power, quit all backgound apps, and exit wireless mode for best benchmark times... :-)
    "I see dead pixels..."
    Hey.

I want to try the "new" Websphere java library for the Treo 600, but do not want to sign-up as a developer.

Is there another place I can get the files?

Thanks,
    Dave Lindberg
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/download.html

This was what was under download now after going through a form, please post the direct link to the files to download or post them to this thread.

or to my forum i dont care..
    Last edited by zone97; 02/10/2004 at 03:55 PM.
    treo 90 > treo 300 > treo 600 > treo 650 > motorola Q > instinct > treo pro > Whats next???? PRE?
    Originally posted by paqmaster

I don't think you need to install the files in prc\IA32. I only installed "9JavaVMMidpNG.prcJ" as instructed and the sample app ran fine without any issues.
    You're right. I too only installed the 9JavaVMMidpNG.prc and it's working fine on my T6. Can someone tell me the importance of the midp20.prc?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast