1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Just to update you about my ordered IGOLF unit.

iT was to arrive on 11/15/2003 and has still not shipped.

First the delay was on the Cailf. fires of months ago. they it was problems with the drivers, then with TREO software, now they tell me they are debugging and testing so it should be in about 3 weeks. However, that 3 week excuse is getting very old and tired.

It is now 2 months past release with no end in sight. If 3 to 4 weeks is true, it would then be 3 months late.

I am still not throwing the towel in on this and am letting them hold onto my $150. deposit. I will report to all when it arrives and when I test it out.

I should mention the deal Igolftech has with mapopolis is that it comes without their naviagtor software, but it will work with navagator and I will upgrade it as soon as it arrives.

I do understand from mapopolis that another firm is close to release of a gps system, that also uses the sd slot so there also are no cables, but comes with navigtor software and a sd card memory built in.

Lets see what happens with that as well. take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Good news regarding that other product with extra memory as i wouldnt buy a sd gps without extra memory, where would i otherwise store the maps.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, that is what Mapopolis says, who knows when and if it will actually happen. They indicated to me that it should have happend by now, so who knows. Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    We have an article going up soon with pictures and thoughts on the igolfs SD GPs.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  5.    #5  
    HI, then perhaps igolf is telling the truth this time or should I say this time perhaps they will meet their release date. I am very eager to read the article as well as get my unit thansk and take care, jay
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by miradu
    We have an article going up soon with pictures and thoughts on the igolfs SD GPs.
    When, when, when, when, when???? thanks take care, Jay
    Originally posted by miradu

anyone who knows a lick about the game will tell you, we don't need players screwing around with gps units on the course.it no doubt slows the game down, 5 hour plus rounds are already killing the game. trust me, if your not a 3 or below it won't help your game anyway.

find the yardage marker and walk it off. also, how are your going to see the treo screen in the direct sun? haven't you noticed that almost all gps units used extensively in direct sun are monochrome. there's a reason besides cost.

no offense jay, but i would dump the order and invest the money in a range pass or a taylor made 580. you'll see much better results, and the group behind you is less likely to be irate.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 01/13/2004 at 01:17 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Hi jt, Thanks but I do not play golf. I do live right off of 2 courses, but I am will be using it for my car, it will work as a gps for the car. I am disabled and cannot play golf and frankly the idea of a club a and chasing a little ball around never did it 4 me. thanks and take care, Jay