1.    #1  
    What are folks using to backup their Treos? (600 in my case)... I just had my phone do a hard reset and everything is gone. I didn't lose most data, since that is in outlook (although I did lose all of my passwords out of splashid, which stinks). I've also lost all of my customizations (button assignments, favorites, etc)

Does anyone know of good software that will totally save the apps/configurations/data, etc so that in one step I can put everything back the way it was?

I'd prefer something that backups to the desktop rather than backing up to a memory card. The only thing I've found is:

Instant Backup and Restore 1.1
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...A&prodID=42196

Anyone used this one? Is it any good?
    Read the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...backupman.html

I personally prefer using Backupman....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have tried a bunch of 'em and the ones I recommend: BackupBuddy and BackupMan.

BackupBuddy 'cause it backs up everything on the PDA - main memory and the external card. I do not use the PDA based version for backup of the main memory to the card due to a problem it has with scrolling through the file list - scrolls very slowly.

BackupMan is my main backup - I have it set to run in the evening and it backs up everything in main memory to the external card.

Both utilities support the Treo 600's keylock.

Ben

Originally posted by stecz
    What are folks using to backup their Treos? (600 in my case)... I just had my phone do a hard reset and everything is gone. I didn't lose most data, since that is in outlook (although I did lose all of my passwords out of splashid, which stinks). I've also lost all of my customizations (button assignments, favorites, etc)

Does anyone know of good software that will totally save the apps/configurations/data, etc so that in one step I can put everything back the way it was?

I'd prefer something that backups to the desktop rather than backing up to a memory card. The only thing I've found is:

Instant Backup and Restore 1.1
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...A&prodID=42196

Anyone used this one? Is it any good?
    I just moved out of a Sony Clie and was very fond of Sony's own app called MSBackup. It copies all the files to the Memory Stick. It restored my Clie perfectly on several occasions. I also liked the fact that I could search the files.

I tried Backupman, both times I tried to restore it crashed. The other thing I couldn't search through the files. I think it was just am image.

When I moved to the Treo 600 I finally decided that Backup Buddy was the closest thing to what I liked on my Clie. I have done a couple of flawless restores already and it has an automatic backup that I didn't have on my Clie.